MenuScreens 2008

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
MaxX
GP2 Star

MenuScreens 2008

Post by MaxX »

Has anybody made some so far? It just gives a better feeling playing a 2008er season when having them :D
HF
GP2 Star

Re: MenuScreens 2008

Post by HF »

Noone did. I wanted to do some pics but I never found pictures which aren't copyrighted :?
- . -
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Maybe you can find some good pics on Flickr, there are pics without copyright or you can easily contact the owners. :wink:

http://www.flickr.com
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Yes, that copyrights are not an easy thing. Also I`m thinking of makeing Trackmaps, which can be used every year, like maps with google earth :-k
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I personally would like general trackmaps best! I could imagine it would look good with a photo of a significant point of the track or it's periphery (e.g. Eau Rouge for Spa or the Nürburg for the Nürburgring), a banner/headline with the circuits name and maybe a small table with datas like track length, track record, etc. and a more or less simple drawing of the circuit viewn from top (example).

Here is an example from the prototype_c mod from virtua_lm, I think something close to this would be perfect:
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

in the CFG-File of GP2LAP i found the follwing line:

MenuTrackMap = 0 ; draw a simple track map layout in the track selection menu (replaces bitmap).

but if i set it to "1" it doesnt work :( anybody knows why?
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

V12-Power wrote:I personally would like general trackmaps best! I could imagine it would look good with a photo of a significant point of the track or it's periphery (e.g. Eau Rouge for Spa or the Nürburg for the Nürburgring), a banner/headline with the circuits name and maybe a small table with datas like track length, track record, etc. and a more or less simple drawing of the circuit viewn from top (example).

Here is an example from the prototype_c mod from virtua_lm, I think something close to this would be perfect:
yes, very nice work!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

tmc wrote:in the CFG-File of GP2LAP i found the follwing line:

MenuTrackMap = 0 ; draw a simple track map layout in the track selection menu (replaces bitmap).

but if i set it to "1" it doesnt work :( anybody knows why?
I think it doesn't work with original MicroProse tracks.

But it should work with the most other tracks.

Start the game with gp2lap, with the config line MenuTrackMap = 1
Now you can not see the simple track map layout in the track selection menu!
First you must start a race ! The game must read the track!
Now go back to the "Select Circuit" screen.