1950-ies carsets

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Shadowcat
GP2 Newbie

Re: 1950-ies carsets

Post by Shadowcat »

AAS wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:Of course, a 1957 carset wouldn't be complete without the Pescara track, which also doesn't exist yet :P
The lenght, the layout. :-k
We must scale down 25.578 km to 7 km. :-k
I think it makes no sense. :?
With a bit of fantasy...? If you can scale down the old Spa and the Nordschleife, I think you can scale down anything.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

As I always say, scale down is not the way to go. Imo, it's better to shorten (does that word exist?) the straights (as in the Le Mans track) and even cut some corners so we have the real radius in the majority os the corners and somehow get the same driving feelling of the real track.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Shadowcat
GP2 Newbie

Post by Shadowcat »

rremedio wrote:As I always say, scale down is not the way to go. Imo, it's better to shorten (does that word exist?) the straights (as in the Le Mans track) and even cut some corners so we have the real radius in the majority os the corners and somehow get the same driving feelling of the real track.
Well isn't that basically what the author of the 60's Nordschleife did? The radiuses seem the same for most corners. (yes, the word "shorten" does exist btw :) )
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Nordschleife was really scaled down. It was the only way to have all corners in the GP2 track. TK made the tarmac very wide, so we won't notice the tight angles sometimes.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!