Installing GP2 using DOSBox to access carsets, etc?

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
matherto
GP2 Newbie

Installing GP2 using DOSBox to access carsets, etc?

Post by matherto »

So I've recently come into possession of a Windows 10 PC and obviously GP2 won't install on W10 so have to use DOSBox if I want to play it.

I'm not well versed in dos commands so is it possible instead of just mounting the drive, running GP2 from that drive, etc that you can install it in DOSBox so I can use GP2edit to install different car sets and tracks and so on?

I need a newbies guide I guess, I've tried to use the GP2 .DAT file I have to edit but it doesn't work.
Mickeyg
GP2 Newbie

Re: Installing GP2 using DOSBox to access carsets, etc?

Post by Mickeyg »

I use beginner friendly Dosbox Reloaded.

If you have the GP2 disc you can install and mount through the source media option and the game more or less installs for you.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I mount a folder with GP2 from my windows drive into DosBox to play it. I use GP2Edit and other tools from windows (targeting that same folder) when I want to change carsets/configs.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
GP2tifoso28
GP2 Starter

Post by GP2tifoso28 »

I just copy a clean install of the game into a separate folder, then I put the dosbox commands in the configuration file itself. I run gp2edit from Windows and make sure it's targeted to the correct copy of the game.

I then target my desktop shortcut to the specific configuration file for the modded game and it launches automatically. I do this for each individual mod, which is to say that I have about 5 or 6 copies of gp2 on my computer, and the desktop shortcuts launch each one straight away and independently
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

personally i just use copy paste.. i copy the gp2 exe of any gp2 editions i have, and paste it in the shortcut of dos box in the desktop