TdK Carset: 1.15.06_TdK

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
HF
GP2 Star

TdK Carset: 1.15.06_TdK

Post by HF »

Hey, well to have another active patcher "on"!

My comment to this carset:
:shock: WOW, very awesome!
- . -
AAS
GP2 Star

Re: TdK Carset: 1.15.06_TdK

Post by AAS »

HF wrote:Hey, well to have another active patcher "on"!

My comment to this carset:
:shock: WOW, very awesome!

true ! nice carset :)
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

To me, it's always interesting to see how different people use completely different styles and ideas painting the same cars... 8)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Lavrentij
GP2 Newbie

Post by Lavrentij »

I've downloaded it but i've got a problem.. i think cars gots less speed than 2006 car. For example i don't think that best ferrari's speed in monza is 280 km/h. How can i modify [for example reduce weight] and maintain the game balanced and without problems [i remember that if i modify too the engine power, all car breaks:( ] ?
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

For the purpose of this, I've assumed you already have GP2Edit to edit and export carsets. In case you don't, you can get it directly from here:
http://www.smyoung.fsnet.co.uk/gp2ed186.exe

The approach I'm suggesting here is adjusting the power of all teams simultaneously. That way, all AI's engines will appear stronger, however, the balance between the teams that has already been established in the carset you got will stay intact.

This is just for illustration - here you can see where every team's power and reliability values are located normally, if you select them one by one from the main screen. Now, if you select "Performance > Cars" from the list of menues above, you can edit all the teams' values simultaneously with this dialogue:

If you work with the stuff inside the red frame that I added to this picture, you will notice that every time you click on the "+" sign, all teams' power settings increase by the number specified.

I think this is the easiest change that does not compromise the balance between the teams (i.e. Ferrari being stronger than Toro Rosso). If you want to get more complicated, you'd have to get into the individual tracks' files (like a Monza.dat in your circuits directory) and edit the CC setup. It will most likely also have an effect, however, I've never done that, so I can't get you any instructions for that. ;-)

If I understand your concern right, whether the cars "break" or not does not depend on the car's power settings, but their failure probability (I've made a green frame around these settings in the screens). The greater this value is, the more likely any cars are going to retire from the race because of a technical failure - provided you have technical failures activated in the driving options dialogue within the game.
Lavrentij
GP2 Newbie

Post by Lavrentij »

thx :D
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

You're welcome. :)