GP2 2007

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
MaxX
GP2 Star

GP2 2007

Post by MaxX »

Is it possible to release a pack like Bellini did for the seasons 1999 and 2000?

I downloaded all Tracks for the 2007er season and thought this would be really great. :D
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

I was planing somethin like this...

My idea was to make a selfexecutable zip which would include all the things and put it to the right position. The only requirement would be a new full installed GP2, but I'm not sure if it would work and break some copyrights.

It would be a nice idea but I think it would only be possible to make it in the summer time. than you would have collected some data about the drivers and teams how good/bad they are.

The "carset" would be the biggest problem I think! How should do it? Collect some stuff of FK, DJS, Tdk and me and put it in one file or use the latest FK carset...
That are things that have to be answered :wink:

But a nice idea!
- . -
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

If you just do the trackpack, than you wouldn't have that carset problem.
Just let people decide for themselves which set they want to use.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Mh, ok.

What tracks schould be taken?

This is the 2007 calendar:
(the bold entrys are my favourits)

Australia, Melbourne
    Malaysia, Sepang
    Bahrain, Sakhir
    Spain, Barcelona
    Monaco, Monte Carlo
    Canada, Montreal
    United States, Indianapolis
    France, Magny-Cours
    United Kingdom, Silverstone
    Germany, Nürburgring
    Hungary, Hungaroring
    Turkey, Istanbul park
    Italy, Monza
    Belgium, Spa Francorchamps
    Japan, Fuji
    China, Shanghai
    Brazil, Sao Paulo

this would be the traks that I would choose. I think the 16th track would be Fuji because spain is very boring to me.

What do you think?
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Just include all 17 tracks, a simple batch-file for automatic swapping a certain track should do :)

Making cool Trackmaps or new Menubackgrounds (I don`t know if there can be real 2007 pics taken without getting legal problems) wouldn`t be the problem :wink:

For the carset I`d prefer a mix of our gods, including GP2Edit-performance files for every track after a race would make it most realistic :)
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

I never made a batch-file and don't know much about it's functions :lol:
Maybe there will be a way for asking it if you install the thing.....

WinHiPicPro is a solution I think. It doesn't run on my PC but I think it will be on my laptop, I will see. I'll think that I'll contact belini (me is active in the GP3 and GP4 community, and ask him how he did it.....

with the lagal problems: I cant see any (C) next to these pics (http://www.f1-club.be/recentefoto/overzicht.php). Maybe there is something in a terms of use but I can't read Dutch. Could you check it DJS, TdK?

That are all nice ideas. Is it would be doable?!?
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

If you are familiar with some DOS-options (copy, del and cd should do) it is really simple to switch some files via the batch file :wink: If it would be necessary to do something like that I can help you with the batch files.

It would be great if Bellini tells you how he did it, maybe he used a certain software for his "manager"-tool.
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Henning, everything on that site is copyright protected, incl. the pictures.
You'll have to ask for permission to use them.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

DJS wrote:Henning, everything on that site is copyright protected, incl. the pictures.
You'll have to ask for permission to use them.

Ok, maybe I will be allowed by somebody to use his/her images, with or without any symbol....

Thank you DJS!
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

HF / DJS - What images are you after?

Bear in mind that GP2 community is small. They really won't be bothered and probably will never EVER see or know they have been used.

As I said, what images are you after?

And also, I say scrap SPAIN, and put FUJI in. This is our GP2 trackpack so I say that. Spain can be played on any GP2 game, may as well replace it!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Moonrakerâ„¢, it's just an idea. I play GP3 some times and I'm really happy that there are complete season-mods. We're talking about menubackgroundpictures. I have to say that I'm playing GP3 and GP3-2000 only because there are these seson-mods. without them I think I wouldn't play it.... Maybe some old player would return :wink:
- . -
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

I contracted belini. I asked for help:
HFGP2 wrote:Hello,
I'm Henning Fisser and one of the small gp2-community member.
The community lives in a small forum ( http://hfgp2.hf.funpic.de/hfcs ).

I'm sure that you stopped making something for GP2 some years ago but you are one of the best GP2-patchers ever.

I have got a question to you:

You made some very nice mods for GP2 like "Belini '99". Now me and some other guyes want to creat a mod for 2007.
The question is, how you made it with the menubackgroundpictures. Did you used WinHiPicPro?

Maybe you could help me?

yours sincerly

Henning Fisser

--------------------------------------------------------------
hf_gp2@gmx.de
http://hfgp2.hf.funpic.de - The HF cars and sets project page

He answered:

belini wrote:hi henning,

great that gp2 is still around:) as far as I can remember it
was WinHiPicPro that I used, but it was a long time ago

pk

So I try WinHiPicPro on my 98SE laptop. I hope it will run.
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

I have some pics I took my self at Silverstone from 05 and 06. Though I can only locate the 2005 pics right now!

If any of those would help, let me know. I have more, but these were already online to show you:

*They are sized down for space saving

Red Arrows

Retro style for Couthard

Toyota on a stand

As I said there's more, but let me know what you are after.
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Cool trackmaps in bellini`s style would also be nice :)

It would be interesting how he did his managing tool for swiching tracks and seasons, can you also ask him that?

Such a project would really be awesome, if I can helü you with some things just let me know :D
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:I have some pics I took my self at Silverstone from 05 and 06. Though I can only locate the 2005 pics right now!

If any of those would help, let me know. I have more, but these were already online to show you:

*They are sized down for space saving

Red Arrows

Retro style for Couthard

Toyota on a stand

As I said there's more, but let me know what you are after.

WOW, are you a professional photographer? :wink:
These pics look really awesome! I also can imagine where to put the toyota: driver/team selectionmenu.....
it would be nice if you would send me some more good pics or upload it...!
- . -