Track editing forum / FAQ

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Track editing forum / FAQ

Post by Greyhead »

I notice there's a few people after new tracks (such as myself) but not many people around to make them. I'd like to make some but, quite frankly, I wouldn't know where to start. Perhaps people who know more than me about it could leave their pearls of wisdom on here? Maybe a beginners' guide would be helpful to get some of us started on track editing.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

In the links section of AAS site there's a link to the track editing info center. There's a lot of information, tutorials, manuals, etc. I think you should start with the Track Editing and Pitlane Editing tutorials. There's also the Scenery Editing and the CCline Editing Turorials which are very important.

I've learnt a few tips from the How To Make An Accurate Track tutorial and I guess the Track Commands Library is the most useful file you can get.

There are also a lot of more specific tutorials for specific situations on track editing.

Said that I think you can ask for tips from AAS, TDK or even me. I don't think my english is good enough for making a Beginner's Guide, but I hope I can help anyway.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Ah, is there? I did not know that! I shall investigate further. Thanks rremedio.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well I just had a look. It's pretty complicated stuff to get your head around isn't it! No wonder not many people make tracks...
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

The guides about the track editing are pretty good. Only i have to say i never used one of them.

I just started with an original Gp2 track and slightly adjusted it. Then step by step i became futher.

It took me about 2 years to completly understand the whole track editing thing.

As you say - Greyhead - it's indeed complicated, and most off the information to build a nice track is in my head, and based on experience with bugs and solving them, done up the last years.

After making a complete season, 16 tracks, i know almost every little thing about it.
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Really impressive you can get that high quality on your tracks learning everything by yourself.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Thank you.

That's why it took me 2 years.... :)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Jesus... two years? That's a hell of a time to devote to it. Wish I had that sort of patience!
AAS
GP2 Star

Re: Track editing forum / FAQ

Post by AAS »

HF
GP2 Star

Re: Track editing forum / FAQ

Post by HF »

AAS wrote:Image
Problem solved :wink:
- . -