Members info - please write in!

Smalltalk
Here you can post everything which doesn't fit into the other forums!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Re: Members info - please write in!

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Well, I notice some guys updating their info, so, I need to update my info also, many things changed in my life in past 15 months.

Name: Antonio Pessoa
City: Araraquara, (also in São Paulo State)
Hobby: All motorsport racing (anything, open wheel cars, touring cars, sport-prototypes, etc... F1 only a little bit...), GP2, ICR2, NR2003, Nascar Heat, drink beer, girls and women...

A little history: I bought GP2 at the same day when my 1st PC comes to my home in July 1998, few days before that year's FIFA World Cup final. Since that days it was my number 1 game. During the year 2000 with more time online I learned how to change tracks and carsets and started my long learning about track editing. During 2001 and 2002 my first jobs was released on the old grandprix2.com and also I started to manage GP2 leagues, mainly with Brazilian players (because the website and forums language was Portuguese) and I supported the Formula GP2 historical league for 3 years (end 2001 to early 2005) and it's still alive. During 2005, 2006 and 2007 my interest for GP2 down a lot, because my new machine has Windows XP. Only in 2nd half of 2007 my interest is back again, and I installed the GP2 again and started to create all the tracks since many years I wish to play. And I realize all the fantastic jobs made for GP2 during the last years by this amazing community!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

Name:Florian
City:Erlangen
Hobbys:My ClassicGameingFan page + YT account, GP2, learning .....
Last edited by DEHUMANIZER95 on 06.07.2012, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Name:Georgi Todorov
Ages:16
City: Shumen
Hobbies: playing old games, older than me :mrgreen: and studying programming for C++
iceman95
GP2 Newbie

Post by iceman95 »

Name: Simone
Surname: Bertolotto
Ages: 15
Region: Piemonte
City (village): Malgiano Alfieri; CN
Hobbies: Formula one, games of Formula one (GP2, GP4, something F1 Challenge, too GP3 but i'd prefer GP2 and GP4), soccer, music and motors
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

Post by canon1753 »

Name: Dan
Older than dirt.
Locale: Vermont, USA

GP2: got it as abandonware. Used to play ICR2 and Nascar 1. ICR2 started not to work as well on XP, So I downloaded GP2 and off I went... Until I got my Windows 7 computer which I couldn't get GP2 to work on... (Started Rfactor- good game!) Looked at the forum here again about a month ago and low and behold- Win 7 and GP2 can talk. I was so happy! I lost a few tracks with the transitioning of computers. But its fun to play GP2 again!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Name: Max
Lives: London, England
Occupation: full time carer for my 5 year old daughter at the moment.

I was bought a copy of GP2 by my sister on my birthday August 2nd in 1997. I'd been playing NASCAR Racing and ICRII but was desperate to play an F1 game and seeing as I was fairly new to computing, I didn;t already know that there were already F1 games out there apart from the arcade games I had been playing like Pole Position and Final Lap (what a game!)
Then along comes this green box with Grand Prix 2 written all over it and the most sensational pics of the game on the back of the box. I instantly fell in love with the game and hadn;t even put it in the machine!
Once installed and I heard that open heavy guitar riff intro, I entered heaven!

I spent a whole year racing on that game at home while studying my art and design course at college and then discovered that others had started developing new carsets and tracks and I couldn;t believe it! I remember the first set I downloaded was the 1989 carset (as I was watching the FIA review tape at the time) and fell in love with the game even more after that!

Unfortunately, I never had the patience to create my own sets or tracks but I did enjoy devising my own careers in real life carsets and ficticious ones.
Even now, some 13 years later, GP2 is still THE game to end all games for me. I didn;t like GP3, or anyothers but GP2 has always been my favourite and I seriously think I'll be playing it till I go to the grave!

Perhaps I should speak to the priest about Broadband connectivity 6 ft under the ground...
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

Hi guys \:D/ . This is my first post here..

Name: Marco
Living place: Padova, Italy
My first game was STRANGELY a Microprose one, F-19 stealth fighter (superb game!). My father bought it when i was 12 years old O_O

Simulation career (LOL):
PC: Accolade Grand Prix (fuck Travis Daye), Accolade The Cycles, F1 Grand Prix , Grand Prix Unlimited, F1 Gp2 (of course), all the Need For Speed series, and finally GP Legends (BRM rules!).
Playstation: Gran Turismo I & II, F197, F199.

Very congratulations for your work. =D>
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Welcome & you have chosen a nice avatar-pic!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Welcome from me too :wink:
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

I think I have to update my Information ;)

So here it is:
Name: Florian (my last name will be private till you find myself on Facebook ;))
Hobbies:Well, my Grand Prix 2 Page, my YouTube Accounts, my ClassicGameingFan Projekt and Forum, sometimes School when it's hard...
City: Neunkirchen am Brand, near Forchheim in Franconia in Germany

The Avatarpictrue you see is from my YouTube Account "ClassicGameingFan".......

At the moment I'll program a RPG Game xD

that's all for now, if there's something new I'll post again and again xD
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

V12-Power wrote:Welcome & you have chosen a nice avatar-pic!
Thanks. I love the Nimrod and its amazing livery. It wasn't so competitive, but it doesn't matter anymore. Obviously, among the others I have designed a Nimrod car for my personal Gp2 carset :D
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re:

Post by MaxX »

MäxX wrote:Name: Markus Rotter
Hobbys: Computer Games, Dancing, Riding my convertible, Handy
Work: Systemadministrator - currently learning C++ programming

I play GP2 since 1996 an it still provides much more fun than all the "newer" F1-sims, thanks to the community I can almost try any year of F1 I want and that is just amazing. At work you can also win using the keyboard and this is great.

I also did works for the following games:
GP2, Indycar Racing (1 & 2), NASCAR Racing (1, 2, 3, 2001, 2003), TOCA II, Unreal Tournament (UT, UT2003, UT2004) and some other
I`ve just launched a new page recently, there you can find some information about me, if you`re interested -> http://markus.rotter.biz/index.php/about-me.html

Maybe I`ll also add some downloads there, but I doubt that I will post GP2-stuff there, due we still have a great source here ;)
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

So here I go.

Name: Fernando. Yeah like some Ferrari driver :lol:

I started with GP2 in 98 or 99, don´t remember. I still have the original CD´s after many hundreds of installs in many computers since then. I have many leagues raced, some races in the extint LFRS with GP2, GP3 and GP4 too and I didn´t want to say that in those leagues I wasn´t a very good driver :lol: I´ve played many simulations through the years, online, offline, you name it. But GP2 has something more and a magic I never could explain. Must be something emotional about the first F1 game really good for PC. Indeed is one of the better today being so old.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

racer63 wrote: Age: 45. I Must be the grandaddy of this comunity =P~
hmmmm. Not nessesarily.
month of birth?
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

AAS wrote: