Members info - please write in!

Smalltalk
Here you can post everything which doesn't fit into the other forums!
HF
GP2 Star

Members info - please write in!

Post by HF »

Hi guyes, lets collect some more details about us here!

Name: Henning Fisser
State: Niedersachsen
Work: Student in 10th grade
Hobbys: GP2, Soccer, Card games, DLRG (life rescure More infos: Click here in german)

Homepages:
Private site!
GP2 site!
You want to make me happy? than click here!
- . -
Lavrentij
GP2 Newbie

Post by Lavrentij »

Region: Tuscany
work: university, 4th year, science of communication
hobbies: diablo, gp2, pussy O_o

http://digilander.libero.it/igow
http://dottormpk.supereva.it
http://doct84.giovani.it
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

One addition to my account: :wink:

Way to get GP2/GP2-patcher: I bought GP2 in 1999, I think. I ever wanted a F1 simulation. Then I read something about patching GP2, was interested and finally made cars and sets for it ^^.
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Name: Alex
Playing GP2 since: 1996 - I've tried lots of other games, have every later part of the GrandPrix series, but I've always gone back to this one 8)
About patching:
The first time I used different material for the game was probably around 1998 when there used to be commercial CDs being sold with new carsets, graphics and stuff... some years later, I started editing cars for myself, and since late 2004, I'm occasionally publishing individual cars. Currently, I'm working on the GPRL project (it's still alive :)), and I already have some ideas for another carset that I might do at a later point in time - depending on my Uni schedule and workload... ;-)
Last edited by AD on 19.09.2011, 20:49, edited 2 times in total.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Name: Dan

I bought GP2 way back in its first week of release, as an impressionable 16-year-old, after seeing it reviewed on long-forgotten Saturday afternoon TV-schedule-filler "Movies Games & Videos". My PC then was rubbish: it wouldn't run GP2 in SVGA unless you turned off all the detail! It struggled enough in VGA... Incidentally, I didn't get it running in full SVGA till 2002! I started patching GP2 in around 1997-98 when I got the Perfect Grand Prix add ons, but only posted something online in 2003. I have played GP2 almost every week since 1996, and yet I'm still rubbish at it!
Last edited by Greyhead on 18.01.2007, 23:36, edited 3 times in total.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Name: Marc
Work: Telecommunications
Hobbys: Football, F1, Gaming (Battlefield 2 / Battlefield 2142 / GPx series / Football Manager (prev. Champ Man) / Megadrive games / loads more old classics, watching TNA (when bored) and Comedy TV shows, Films, Designing (various things)

I brought GP2 when it came out, and like Grey, couldn't run it in full GFX until 1999 ( I think, may have been 98 or 2000 ). Loved it and will always love it.

I had Formula One Grand Prix on the Amiga 1200 and remember playing that over and over. I remember I brought it in 1993 from a place I used to get all my Amiga games from every Sunday. They were copies and I still remember the prices. £1 for first disk, and 50p for each disk after it. F1GP had 4 disks, so it was a bargain price of £2.50 - And that when my mate had just brought Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition for £59.99 from Rumbelows. Needless to say, I got the better deal ;)
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Name: Roberto
State: São Paulo
Work: engineering student working on a bank
Hobbys: Soccer (São Paulo FC 3 times World Champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), drinking, girls 8) , gp2, gp3, gp4, gpl, f1c, ayrton senna's super monaco gp2 and so on

I brought gp2 in 2000, and played it amost every day for some years. I've driven in loads of hotlap leagues and also some quickrace leagues. I had my own team Caccere Racing which was a big team in Brazil some years ago. I've started to edit the game in 2000, but it was only in 2004 when I did something acceptable to be realeased (new ccline and new look for brazillian track Goiania). Then I did some tracks, mostly layouts and cclines which AAS used to build great graphics on . I've also tried my way on track graphics converting graphics for Leipzig, Castle Combe and Croft from GPL to GP2. In middle 2005 my interest for GP2 was gone away and it came back now last week, after visiting AAS's site and FGP2 league (http://www.f1mania.net/gp2).

Now I've just tested the 1991 WSC set and I love the game again!
salvasirignano
GP2 Newbie

Post by salvasirignano »

Name: Salvatore Sirignano
Interests: I am a two sport guy, I am pretty obsessed with Formula 1 and football, started karting recently, (what have I been doing with my life up to now?!!),am racing for my uni team.
Favourite driver: Giancarlo Fisichella (He'll do fine if he has a fast, NORMAL handling car, I hope.)
I support the AS Roma football team.
GP2 background: Bought GP2 about six months ago for two pounds and loved it! Still yet to win a race, I like driving for the smaller teams, but am improving. I have really enjoyed all the carsets and circuits I've downloaded so far. I was previously hooked for years on F1'97 for Playstation, but GP2 rules!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

salvasirignano wrote:I was previously hooked for years on F1'97 for Playstation

Nah, the original "Formula 1" was the best. Cos it had Simtek on and that track from Steve Vai that sounded "old skool F1". Like "The Chain by Fleetwood Mac" from the BBC's F1 coverage days.

salvasirignano wrote:I support the AS Roma football team.

olé, ZA STRAMAGGICA! La Roma non si discute... si ama!

BTW, CAN YOU SEE THE SUBLIMINAL PICTURE IN MY SIG?
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
salvasirignano
GP2 Newbie

Post by salvasirignano »

I can see a yellow wolf, did you mean in the main badge?
My grandparents are Italian (hence my name) but I need to learn to speak it, Italian girls are the best! Are you a romanista too? I prefer the older badge to the more recent one.
I think the AI on F1 is better, as the sraight line speeds on '97 are too different, but nah, overall I still prefer it.
I love Steve Vai, I prefer his track on the game, Summer Song to the Joe Satriani one Back to Shalla-Bal although both are good. You're a Simtek fan I take it?
The '97 season was for me the best I've seen, many winners, surprises and shocks, ruined by Schumacher in the last race, I have all of them on DVD. For example in quali for Jerez, Schumi and Villeneuve set exactly the same time in every sector..brilliant!!! and Frentzen got the same time too. And stuff like Barrichello third on the grid in Monteal, you'd never see the same surprise result now, whereas every dog would have it's day years back .....
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Yeah it's the yellow wolf. It's quite hard to see (so it's subliminal.. :s)

I am indeed a Romanista! lol. I can only speak little bits of Italian, bar one time when I was my friend a his mates in Milano and I was pissed. I was holding my own in a conversation :D

If my mate has luck we'll be going to the Lyon - Roma game. If not, then possibly Messina.

It'll be like a pilgrimage! I've not been to Olympico before, only seem them live in San Siro, when Shevchenko scored on 7mins for Milan to win the title :(

and yeah... Simtek fan here.... If I was rich, I'd bring that name back to F1!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Hey salvasirignano, which university do you go to? I went to Coventry uni (studied Automotive Engineering) and was involved in Formula Student for a brief time. Only as a backroom donkey though.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
salvasirignano
GP2 Newbie

Post by salvasirignano »

Hi Greyhead,
I am at the University of Manchester. I haven't heard anything about Formula Student since I've been here, what's it like?
I was quite torn between whether to do physics or motorsport or automotive engineering, but I guessed physics was kind of less like putting all my eggs in one basket... what with proposed cost cutting in F1 and other motorsports.
But how was it, what was your course like? I would like to hopefully get a decent job afterwards and use the money to race. I'm in the Univestity karting championship though, (BUKC) and am counting down the days till it starts. It will be my first proper outdoor kart race (started this year), against seasoned racers!!! Hope to do okay...
Any of you guys raced at all?
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

I'm a member down our local track, but have only raced in one open meeting and that was officiated badly. Someone skidded in front of me when I was over taking them and hit me... I got black flagged from the event for "dangerous driving" and he was able to continue with nothing at all agaisnt him.

So I walked out.

I'm still a member and probably won't ever go there again. The woman on the front desk was stuck up when I was trying to talk to her by staing "Well, we're not #1 indoor Kart track for no reason". Which is just a NO NO in customer service. Silly bitch. Best thing is, that was for 2004 anyway.
salvasirignano
GP2 Newbie

Post by salvasirignano »

I know, it can be bad sometimes. I won my first uni indoor kart race but in the second I was having a great race against this other guy for the win. I got punted off three :x times by backmarkers, because they would't show blue flags. Their reason afterwards was "blue flags tend to cause more accidents." I said, "well then how many times would I have got stuffed into the wall with the blue flags". I was gutted.......
Came in second eight seconds down :( Was angry for days afterwards
I feel sorry for my cat now, thinking about it :D