São Paulo Grand Prix

Smalltalk
Here you can post everything which doesn't fit into the other forums!
ismael
GP2 Racer

São Paulo Grand Prix

Post by ismael »

ismael wrote:
04.08.2020, 11:47
Later I made a fictional season with two races in Brazil. In order not to get anyone offended, the Interlagos race was called "São Paulo Grand Prix" and the Jacarepaguá race was called "Rio de Janeiro Grand Prix".
I did not think that this would turn partially real so fast.
If Mr Bolsonaro, Mr Witzel and Paes Mr reach an agreement, maybe soon we will have 2 races in Brazil.
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Re: São Paulo Grand Prix

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

ismael wrote:
04.08.2020, 11:47
Later I made a fictional season with two races in Brazil. In order not to get anyone offended, the Interlagos race was called "São Paulo Grand Prix" and the Jacarepaguá race was called "Rio de Janeiro Grand Prix".
:D It's a nice idea.

In the mid 1990s, Interlagos had a multi-year contract with FOM/Ecclestone to host Formula One, and Jacarepaguá was under a process of revamping to host MotoGP and Indycar races. In 1995 had rumors in Brazilian press about the possibility of two F-1 Grand Prix in Brazil: holding the "Brazilian Grand Prix" (Grande Prêmio do Brasil) in São Paulo/Interlagos, and creating the "Americas Grand Prix" (Grande Prêmio das Américas) in Rio de Janeiro/Jacarepaguá, inspired in the similar situation involving the two F-1 GPs in Germany: Hockenheim held the German GP, and Nürburgring held the European GP.

As we know now, the two annual GPs in Brazil never materialized.
ismael wrote:
16.12.2020, 23:18
I did not think that this would turn partially real so fast.
If Mr Bolsonaro, Mr Witzel and Paes Mr reach an agreement, maybe soon we will have 2 races in Brazil.
:mrgreen: If the "Rio GP" would depend of those wrong guys, it will never be materialized!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
Nimrod1111
GP2 Newbie

Post by Nimrod1111 »

Jacarepaguà has been demolished, so you'll never have a Rio Grand Prix anymore. :-k
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Nimrod1111 wrote:
04.02.2021, 23:44
Jacarepaguà has been demolished, so you'll never have a Rio Grand Prix anymore. :-k
In the coming years, there is no possibility for a Formula 1 GP in Rio de Janeiro. The (bad) idea of a new permanent racing circuit in Deodoro forest (a suburb in north of Rio) is now over. The city new authorities denied any plans to continue the project there.

However, Rio authorities doesn't reject the idea to search a new area, in the vast empty western territories of Rio de Janeiro city, for a new permanent circuit. But that are plans for many years from now, maybe 2025 or even later.

They are discussing to bring FIA Formula E for a race in 2022 or 2023 in the Olympic Park (same place of former Jacarepaguá circuit).

Let's see what happens
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

I still think the perfect Rio de Janeiro race should run across Copacabana, under the tunnels straight to Botafogo and back. Disregarding safety and expenses, it would be perfect. Maybe Antônio Pessoa could do such a thing to GP2 :D 8) :lol: