Lewis Hamilton equals Schumacher and mentions...

Smalltalk
Here you can post everything which doesn't fit into the other forums!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Lewis Hamilton equals Schumacher and mentions...

Post by eky78 »

Maybe you´ve heard it too, but today after taking his 91st win (equalling Schumacher´s record), Hamilton mentioned an old game...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/motorspo ... n-helmets/

I couldn´t believe it when I heard it live today
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: Lewis Hamilton equals Schumacher and mentions...

Post by roland ratzenberger »

i was about to make the same post.. this meas a lot for our game and for our community in general
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

A big smile, for sure! Hamilton has previously mentioned that he used to play as Kimi in PlayStation, but playing GP2 is new, as far as I know. It's those things that you can't just make up.
Add to this the fact that Jacques Villeneuve always mentioned learning the tracks in 1996 in a computer game. Eventually he mentioned it at the time, but reporters of the time would not care, as videogames were not established as a cultural reference.

But we must say that if he was playing with Schumacher, the vanilla Grand Prix 2 was considerably easier than if he played with any other player!
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

Yeah this is fun to read for old school nerds like us who still play GP2! 😀
So it is obvious that Hamilton was able to achieve his great success thanks to a legendary F1 simulation game 😉
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Hilarious :D And still the game is alive in 2020 =D>
bernieGP
GP2 Newbie

Post by bernieGP »

Wow, just saw this post yesterday and realized that Lewis mentionned GP2 !?
Not my favorite driver but clearly my respect towards him is increasing a lot now.
It is a nice tribute to this game that we enjoy so much and which has not been totally overtaken by anything else as far as I know.

I am reading a lot in the forum to understand if I would get as much fun with GP4 and so far I believe that the answer is no ?
I am not yet using a lot the "edit" possibilites of GP2 (still in the phase where I am re-discovering the original game and super happy with that) but I understand that the car does not feel as good as in GP2, correct ?