CC-car defending move

Smalltalk
Here you can post everything which doesn't fit into the other forums!
ismael
GP2 Racer

CC-car defending move

Post by ismael »

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone. I'd like to introduce something that looked like a novelty in GP2 to me.

A few days ago I started some race in Barcelona and, after a poor start from pole and way before the first corner, I was right behind Schumacher (leading) and approaching his slip-stream (having the 30 extra horse-power and reasonably low-wing).
We were both in the racing line (to the left), and then I noticed that he tilted a little to the middle of the track, like defending his racing line.

Of course, I followed him to the middle and, with GP2 strong slip-stream, it was kind of easy to get him through the right and be ahead already at the start of the braking zone.

Anyway, I was surprised and amazed because I don't recall this kind of moves in GP2. Did any of you ever watch a CC-car defending his line to avoid being overtaken?
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Re: CC-car defending move

Post by Michael82 »

Hello and Happy new year!
It think it is only during the start and maybe later in the first lap. You can set up this with the command "Unknown Various Data [8]" in each track dat file in the circuit folder (Higher value: this defending position take longer in the race). Sometimes CC-cars defend their position with a little move to the right or left but never like during the start.
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

hello i have experienced it this summer.. i was racing with the latest 2018 carset. i had a race in monza . i was driving with vettel and i was chasing hamilton..before parabolica i made my move and hamilton blocked me straight away...the special thing with this it was that this happened IN THE LAST LAP... and you guess right.. i finished second
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

Michael82 wrote:
03.01.2019, 11:45
Hello and Happy new year!
It think it is only during the start and maybe later in the first lap. You can set up this with the command "Unknown Various Data [8]" in each track dat file in the circuit folder (Higher value: this defending position take longer in the race). Sometimes CC-cars defend their position with a little move to the right or left but never like during the start.
michael how we can fix that.. you mean via gp2 slot and tyre editor or with another tool :?: :?: :?: :?:
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

Hey guys,

this is interesting. I want to try this and I found something in a earlier Topic:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=462&p=6918&hilit=un ... data#p6918

Apparantly it affects the behaviour of the CC in a few ways so I'm going to try some new numbers and find out what it does!
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

Hey guys,

So I raised the number of the unknown VD in a few races and it didn't bring me much.
I'm driving the 2007 season and in Imola Hamilton started from pole. Massa had a rocket start from 5th, took the lead and Hamilton drove the "defending line" for about the first half part of lap1.
He dropped to 4th at the end of lap 1 and Masa already had a 4,8 sec lead over 2nd placed Alonso.
So in my opinion it's more like a bug than a usable extra feature.
Or does anybody had a different experience?
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.