GP2 Cheat Engine Memory Addresses

Smalltalk
Here you can post everything which doesn't fit into the other forums!
TakiInoue
GP2 Newbie

GP2 Cheat Engine Memory Addresses

Post by TakiInoue »

I'm just trying to mod the game, does anybody have any interesting memory addresses for the game? (preferably for DosBox 0.74, base pointer 0x01D3A1A0)
I only managed to find all speed data, made kind of a VSC and also found fuel data in Cheat Engine. Maybe someone has already found other addresses? :-k
Aerond
GP2 Starter

Re: GP2 Cheat Engine Memory Addresses

Post by Aerond »

rremedio is the expert! hopefully he sees your message;

this is extremely interesting.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

There is a lot of potential for modding here. There are some people who use cheat engine with the only other game I play (icr2 indycar racing 2) and very useful things can be done to make the game more realistic or challenging.

I would LOVE to find out how we can change the draft effect in GP2 so the draft isn't as helpful. Funny- as I would like to INCREASE the draft effect in ICR2 because it does not have enough help!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

That´s very very interesting! Now I feel stupid because I´ve never heard of this Cheat Engine, but would love to understand what you have found :D :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

TakiInoue wrote:
31.01.2023, 09:45
I'm just trying to mod the game, does anybody have any interesting memory addresses for the game? (preferably for DosBox 0.74, base pointer 0x01D3A1A0)
I only managed to find all speed data, made kind of a VSC and also found fuel data in Cheat Engine. Maybe someone has already found other addresses? :-k
We have some addresses for the exe and for saved game files. Saved game files are basically a snapshot of the game memory so they are very easy to translate to memory addresses (exe addresses also are easy to translate). I messed with the memory for a while so I probably have a small list of addresses (relative addresses since DOSBox will change the game starting address every time).

There is also an old disassembly of the exe that is very helpful, but it needs some very old version of IDA to be viewed.

I don't have the files at hand right now but I can send them in a few days.

And of course there is GP2Lap source code where you can learn more about GP2 internal routines, variables and constants. https://github.com/sdidit/gp2lap

There is a discord user who contacted me who has been creating some very nice stuff with memory manipulation. I can check with him if he is still working on that and if he is willing to collaborate.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

wow rremedio... I would love to be able to make that draft change by a simple hex edit in the gp2 exe or something.