Two Super Monaco short videos

Smalltalk
Here you can post everything which doesn't fit into the other forums!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Two Super Monaco short videos

Post by ismael »

Proceeding with my Super Monaco Grand Prix 2 season, here's two short clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shjnAlzxmLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SlIqm3C4v0

I finished the season a meagre 5th place, behind the two Madonnas and the two Firenzes. But I'll move to Millions next season, so there's room to improvement. The first race of the new season will be in the gorgeous Venzuelan track San Carlos recently provided by Antonio Pessoa.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Two Super Monaco short videos

Post by samsepi0l »

You did a good job of painting the cars! I like the bright orange color myself for the orange of the madonna though.

Funny because when I race in gp2 (or icr2) I always pick a random team and driver to be as the "you" car.

This year (2001 season) I am driving as "E. Pacheco" of the "Losel" team hahaha.

When I enter the names I always try and guess a good first name that matches the initial letter, but look at this:
What about "P. Arai" from Japan? I have never heard of a Japanese name that starts with a "P"!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Very nice, Super Monaco GP and F1GP or GP2 are just a perfect match :) It would be awesome to have more than 14 teams for that purpose :D Which carset did you use/adapt?

The paint job of the cars is very well done. Did you stick with original Line-Ups or did you change it for a better fit? Else the 2nd vid might be showing a Tyrant/Minarae-crash instead of Blanche/Minarae :)
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

MaxX wrote:
20.06.2021, 22:00
Very nice, Super Monaco GP and F1GP or GP2 are just a perfect match :) It would be awesome to have more than 14 teams for that purpose :D Which carset did you use/adapt?
Good question... :? #-o I'm not a designer, so I never develop nor adapt liveries. I used one of the Super Monaco carsets available, but I don't remember which one. Anyway, they are here for sure http://grandprix2.de/Carsets/csFantasy/csfantasy.htm

Actually, why not share the carset? Not sure if I did it before. I did not add liveries but I added a couple of drivers, changing the original carset. It's a mix of 1989 and 1991 real-life seasons, as I picked some drivers from Formula One Grand Prix (GP1) to fill the places. I also added a couple of real-life drivers whose careers were so short-lived that one hardly distinguishes them from the others. Please check attachment.
Attachments
CarsetSM.zip
(146.36 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Thanks for sharing, I like the SMGP and F1GP driver combo :D

I also had the issue with the driver pics and the gp2-palette which lead to the "dotty" backgrounds. Maybe my cleaned version is somewhat usefull.
Attachments
SMGP-Drivers.zip
(152.62 KiB) Downloaded 305 times