Perfect Grand Prix Track Pack and Game Edit

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: Perfect Grand Prix Track Pack and Game Edit

Post by roland ratzenberger »

you can share files via wetransfer
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Ciao Marco :)

I took a look again and you are right. The first one (with Jos' Arrows) included WinEd, but with version 1.2s, which ist not availabe here on grandprix2.de. It has some additional features, but still I was not able to find where to increase race field size or change bitmaps.
03.png
On the second CD (with Damon`s Arrows) there is a new editor included, but it does not support more then 14 teams.
01.png
02.png
Anyways, the money is not wasted in my oppinion, you get some nice goodies and nostalgia. The included booklet with the 2nd CD is a nice read :D
And maybe you can find the mentioned method with the increasement of field-size, would be awesome to know :D

Hm, next experiment could be what happens if we disable teams.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

wow- those pictures really bring back some memories... wish I still had this cd and kit as I remember waiting for it to come (it was the first thing I ever bought online, and it was overseas) I remember being nervous paying for it as I didn't have a credit card (I must have used my parents, but I don't remember)
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

can anyone explain to me what this package offers that we can not find in this site?? :-k :-k :-k :-k
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

All this is indeed very interesting!

Curiously I´ve found a strange thing just 1 or 2 weeks ago with GP2Edit: I´ve found how to disable up to 4 drivers in a carset. If you save with Gp2Edit the performance values as a txt, you will see a string of numbers for each driver. The last number for every driver is a 0 (if the driver is enabled) or 1 (if disabled). I don´t know why, but you can put 1 up to 4 drivers (and not only 2).

The problem is again, like in rremedio´s case, that if you start the race, you have 3 times the same driver :( making it not so interesting in the end...
Also if you try to disable more than 4 drivers, Gp2Edit gives you an error and it doesn´t load the values.

At least, with this Gp2EdWin it works in qualifying...It works with 40 drivers and even when I disabled all the teams apart from one. In fact, in qualifying I had only the two Williams running...But then when I started the race there was Coulthard against ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) 25 Damon Hill (guess who won?).

About this Add-on for the 1997 season is it something official? In that season there were only 11 (12 with Lola maybe) teams so I was wondering if they put some customer teams in the carset or, if it´s from Microprose/Grammond, maybe they somehow got rid of the 26-cars limit.
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

roland ratzenberger wrote:
13.03.2021, 01:23
Ciao and thank you RolandRatzenberger for the suggestion on the tool to use.
As soon asarrived the box I will update you all.

P.s. I like your nickname and I find it full of nostalgia, but in a good way: I will never forget that sad and damned saturday afternoon but Roland will remain always in my mind in a special place. Reading "Autosprint" - back then the most important weekly magazine about motorsport in Italy - I had the opportunity to follow his career since his first years in minor categories and then in Japan...what a driver!!!
Marco Lazzari
Youtube: iKeysRacing
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

MaxX wrote:
13.03.2021, 12:29
Ciao Marco :)

I took a look again and you are right. The first one (with Jos' Arrows) included WinEd, but with version 1.2s, which ist not availabe here on grandprix2.de. It has some additional features, but still I was not able to find where to increase race field size or change bitmaps.
03.png

On the second CD (with Damon`s Arrows) there is a new editor included, but it does not support more then 14 teams.
01.png02.png

Anyways, the money is not wasted in my oppinion, you get some nice goodies and nostalgia. The included booklet with the 2nd CD is a nice read :D
And maybe you can find the mentioned method with the increasement of field-size, would be awesome to know :D

Hm, next experiment could be what happens if we disable teams.
Ciao MaxX, thank you for this first view!
I hope to receive soon the box and discover all the editors included.
And obviously let you know what I'm going to discover.
Cheers.
Marco Lazzari
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

samsepi0l wrote:
14.03.2021, 09:16
wow- those pictures really bring back some memories... wish I still had this cd and kit as I remember waiting for it to come (it was the first thing I ever bought online, and it was overseas) I remember being nervous paying for it as I didn't have a credit card (I must have used my parents, but I don't remember)
Ciao Samsepi0l, I can't agree anymore regarding the payment, back then.
I had to wait to save money from some jobs made here and there while off from school in the summer...and finally have those money to go to the store and order it.
My parents didn't trust credit card purchases at the "beginning" of internet :D
Cheers.
Marco Lazzari
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

14.03.2021, 23:29
can anyone explain to me what this package offers that we can not find in this site?? :-k :-k :-k :-k
Ciao Roland, I will let you know as soon as it arrives.
In my memories there were some editors and tools that I didn't find anymore anywhere else.
If I'm wrong I'll have a good old new box on my library :)
Cheers.
Marco Lazzari
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

eky78 wrote:
15.03.2021, 00:32

Curiously I´ve found a strange thing just 1 or 2 weeks ago with GP2Edit: I´ve found how to disable up to 4 drivers in a carset. If you save with Gp2Edit the performance values as a txt, you will see a string of numbers for each driver. The last number for every driver is a 0 (if the driver is enabled) or 1 (if disabled). I don´t know why, but you can put 1 up to 4 drivers (and not only 2).

The problem is again, like in rremedio´s case, that if you start the race, you have 3 times the same driver :( making it not so interesting in the end...
Also if you try to disable more than 4 drivers, Gp2Edit gives you an error and it doesn´t load the values.

At least, with this Gp2EdWin it works in qualifying...It works with 40 drivers and even when I disabled all the teams apart from one. In fact, in qualifying I had only the two Williams running...But then when I started the race there was Coulthard against ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) 25 Damon Hill (guess who won?).

About this Add-on for the 1997 season is it something official? In that season there were only 11 (12 with Lola maybe) teams so I was wondering if they put some customer teams in the carset or, if it´s from Microprose/Grammond, maybe they somehow got rid of the 26-cars limit.
Ciao Eky78, I have the same question mark about it. And it's my main reason to purchase it.
It was not an official add-on and had some features/editors/tools not on the web within famous GP2 sites, back then.

It's very interesting the test you did and maybe you are more than close to the final solution.
For what I remember using the first time this function I'm looking for currently:
- on purpose I tried to enable all 40 drivers to see what was going to happen
- patched the game w/ 40 cars allowed
- I started a quick race and on the grid I had all 14 teams up to the 2 Pacifics qualyfied 27th and 28th, then there was a copy&paste of Paul Belmondo's Pacific car #34 duplicated up to the 40th position on the grid; like if the program itself did chose the last available car and then duplicate it to fulfill the grid.

I hope to update you all asap.

Cheers.
Marco Lazzari
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

iKeysRacing wrote:
15.03.2021, 20:09
eky78 wrote:
15.03.2021, 00:32

***Sorry I forgot one piece before clicking on "submit": the editor I'm looking for and that I mention everytime is obviously none of the ones we have seen so far. It was similar to GP2edit of Steven Young from a graphic point of view, it had the possibility to load complete "team" files and was easy to create up to 40 cars, or like in 1990, single cars teams like Life-F1 with Bruno Giacomell or Coloni-Ford with Pedro Chavez.
Then was up to your needs to allow them qualyfied or not after the 26th grid position.
It was a function I've not found interesting back then because at the end F1 grid was always based on 26 starters.

It's now after 25 years that I'm starving to play GP2 with 40 drivers to enjoy endurance and tourism races.
Cheers.
Marco Lazzari
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Ciao Marco,

on the grandprix2.de-Page there is a third addon mentioned, a 1998 trackpack: http://www.grandprix2.de/wissen/ia_98.htm

Maybe you had that one as well? I don`t have this one, so I can`t tell you what`s on it. I also had an addon CD with Jaques Villeneuve in the 98er Williams on the cover, but absolutely no clue what was on this one. Also no idea, if I still have that CD so I can take a look :-k

Google also found an "GP2 Editor Ultimatetoolbox" including some editors :-k
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

MaxX wrote:
16.03.2021, 20:28
Ciao Marco,

on the grandprix2.de-Page there is a third addon mentioned, a 1998 trackpack: http://www.grandprix2.de/wissen/ia_98.htm

Maybe you had that one as well? I don`t have this one, so I can`t tell you what`s on it. I also had an addon CD with Jaques Villeneuve in the 98er Williams on the cover, but absolutely no clue what was on this one. Also no idea, if I still have that CD so I can take a look :-k

Google also found an "GP2 Editor Ultimatetoolbox" including some editors :-k
Ciao MaxX,
thank you for this scouting, very interesting!!!

I don't have details about this TrackPack 98: sounded to me more a collection of many new tracks but I was wrong.
Now that you pointed out I see there's also a lot of stuff I didn't know :shock:

And looks like on eBay there's an italian store selling it used but in good conditions.
I'll let you know if I succeed on its auction.

And I'm also sorry I don't know anything about this add on you mention with JV and his Williams on the cover.
Maybe I have a similar product but of 1998 with Hakkinen + McLaren on the front cover: it is a german cd for what I remember but it has not the editor I was looking for unfortunately. It was more a collection of many tools, carset, editors on the web all reunited in this cd.
I let here a picture:
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 23.02.45.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 23.02.46.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 23.02.46 (1).jpeg
Never heard about this beautiful "GP2 Editor Ultimatetoolbox" and I succeeded on downloading it.
It is a .zip file of 26MB regarding a large, maybe the largest, collection of tools I've ever seen in a single file.
How can I share it with you all?

Cheers.
Marco
Marco Lazzari
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

iKeysRacing wrote:
15.03.2021, 19:44

P.s. I like your nickname and I find it full of nostalgia, but in a good way: I will never forget that sad and damned saturday afternoon but Roland will remain always in my mind in a special place. Reading "Autosprint" - back then the most important weekly magazine about motorsport in Italy - I had the opportunity to follow his career since his first years in minor categories and then in Japan...what a driver!!!
thank you mate, first of all i have nothing to do with austria or any sort of relativity with him or his family, , i am 31 years old which means that i have not see him racing but what i liked about him, was his passion and desire to achieve what he achieved with very poor means. when i joined this site back in 2010 i played a gp2 season with him trying to achieve the best possible result with that shitbox simtek and so i choose it as my username. this is the story eventually behind my username :D :D :D
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

17.03.2021, 01:56
iKeysRacing wrote:
15.03.2021, 19:44

thank you mate, first of all i have nothing to do with austria or any sort of relativity with him or his family, , i am 31 years old which means that i have not see him racing but what i liked about him, was his passion and desire to achieve what he achieved with very poor means. when i joined this site back in 2010 i played a gp2 season with him trying to achieve the best possible result with that shitbox simtek and so i choose it as my username. this is the story eventually behind my username :D :D :D
What a story, be proud of it!
Thank you for explaining all the bits behind your choice, quite fascinating and there's always a good reason and a personal feeling about these good things.
And it's a really nice idea to choose to race a 1994 season in Roland's shoes: have you published that season on Youtube?
Is it watchable from anywhere?

You are also absolutely right: Roland demonstrated what anyone could do if passion and will are above everything else.
What he did is extraordinary: he saved money as a mechanic while working for a team and for other drivers, invested his saves to race himself and with a clear view on how to properly setup a car and how to drive it.
A manager for himself, a driver and a businessman...I mean...wow!

And the fact that he was made of the right stuff...if you have time (and if it is new for you) I suggest to spend 20 minutes to watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ji8RTIq3Y
In my opinion there's everything a driver should know and be...and I let you discover the end if you don't know it yet.

To me he was a future champion despite he had to start really from the ground not having all the support often drivers have from family or sponsorship.
It's a great loss he is not with us anymore: he could have been a great "teacher" also on how to do things properly in motorsport.
Cheers.
Marco
Marco Lazzari