Perfect Grand Prix Track Pack and Game Edit

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: Perfect Grand Prix Track Pack and Game Edit

Post by roland ratzenberger »

iKeysRacing wrote:
17.03.2021, 16:33
roland ratzenberger wrote:
17.03.2021, 01:56
iKeysRacing wrote:
15.03.2021, 19:44

Ciao and thank you RolandRatzenberger for the suggestion on the tool to use.
As soon asarrived the box I will update you all.

P.s. I like your nickname and I find it full of nostalgia, but in a good way: I will never forget that sad and damned saturday afternoon but Roland will remain always in my mind in a special place. Reading "Autosprint" - back then the most important weekly magazine about motorsport in Italy - I had the opportunity to follow his career since his first years in minor categories and then in Japan...what a driver!!!
thank you mate, first of all i have nothing to do with austria or any sort of relativity with him or his family, , i am 31 years old which means that i have not see him racing but what i liked about him, was his passion and desire to achieve what he achieved with very poor means. when i joined this site back in 2010 i played a gp2 season with him trying to achieve the best possible result with that shitbox simtek and so i choose it as my username. this is the story eventually behind my username :D :D :D
What a story, be proud of it!
Thank you for explaining all the bits behind your choice, quite fascinating and there's always a good reason and a personal feeling about these good things.
And it's a really nice idea to choose to race a 1994 season in Roland's shoes: have you published that season on Youtube?
Is it watchable from anywhere?

You are also absolutely right: Roland demonstrated what anyone could do if passion and will are above everything else.
What he did is extraordinary: he saved money as a mechanic while working for a team and for other drivers, invested his saves to race himself and with a clear view on how to properly setup a car and how to drive it.
A manager for himself, a driver and a businessman...I mean...wow!

And the fact that he was made of the right stuff...if you have time (and if it is new for you) I suggest to spend 20 minutes to watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ji8RTIq3Y
In my opinion there's everything a driver should know and be...and I let you discover the end if you don't know it yet.

To me he was a future champion despite he had to start really from the ground not having all the support often drivers have from family or sponsorship.
It's a great loss he is not with us anymore: he could have been a great "teacher" also on how to do things properly in motorsport.
Cheers.
Marco
hello again mate.. unfortunately not . as i said it was back in 2010 and i had not proper knowledge on how to record i race... i remember that i use the 1994 carset by agousto lopez and tdk . totally agree with you mate , he tried a lot , he made a lot of sacrificies.. for me roland is also an example of life. clever ambitious funny kind etc..

i dont know if he could become a champion, maybe yes maybe not . To my mind maybe not because he was already too old for f1 rookie but who knows,, .. nevertheless his whole way of life was an example , as far as the video is concerned i have seen it previously and this shows exactly the quality of ratzenberger 's driving skills
Last edited by roland ratzenberger on 18.03.2021, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

another funny thing mate is that today is 18th of march 2021. the day i signed in in this forum was also 18th march 2010.. so today i have something similar to birthday in this forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .. 11 years how quicky have passed. Many things changed in my life , university military, girlfriends ,jobs , unenmployment etc. and i have also played and owned many of the newest racing games.. for example asseto corsa gran turismo codemasters f1 games. But after all these years my passion and desire for a good and hard gp2 race never ended and the flame still burns.. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

GP2... WHAT A GAME
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Ciao Marco,

great find indeed, you are right. JV-Edition was the first of the expansions
61roX+RyaML.jpg
61roX+RyaML.jpg (95.52 KiB) Viewed 37299 times
wow, there were truly many addons for GP2 back then. Also had another one with carsetups and hotlaps from PC-Games, that shows how popular that game was (and still has a fanbase)

@Roland: Happy anniversary :D GP2 is also one of my all-time favs. I don`t have that much time for racing games any more and GP2 always guarantees mine time well spent :)
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

MaxX wrote:
19.03.2021, 18:42
Ciao Marco,

great find indeed, you are right. JV-Edition was the first of the expansions 61roX+RyaML.jpg

wow, there were truly many addons for GP2 back then. Also had another one with carsetups and hotlaps from PC-Games, that shows how popular that game was (and still has a fanbase)

@Roland: Happy anniversary :D GP2 is also one of my all-time favs. I don`t have that much time for racing games any more and GP2 always guarantees mine time well spent :)
Ciao MaxX, thank you for the picture, never seen before to me but very interesting!

It's incredible how many adds on were available, you are right.
Today obviously any AssettoCorsa, Automobilista o rFactor like game has tons of things to download.

But back then (I remember around 1997) was not so common and so easy to find out what was available on the net, so yes...it may sound romantic and "old" but here in Italy we all had to rush to a game-compuer-store or to a newstand "store" to find a monthly-videogames-magazine to get something more that the original stuff included in the game (into every game, not just GP2).

Was PC-Games that you mention a sort of weekly/monthly magazine for videogames enthusiast?
I'm not sure if it is the same that maybe I remember when I was young.

Cheers.
Marco
Marco Lazzari
Youtube: iKeysRacing
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

17.03.2021, 20:06
iKeysRacing wrote:
17.03.2021, 16:33
17.03.2021, 01:56

thank you mate, first of all i have nothing to do with austria or any sort of relativity with him or his family, , i am 31 years old which means that i have not see him racing but what i liked about him, was his passion and desire to achieve what he achieved with very poor means. when i joined this site back in 2010 i played a gp2 season with him trying to achieve the best possible result with that shitbox simtek and so i choose it as my username. this is the story eventually behind my username :D :D :D
What a story, be proud of it!
Thank you for explaining all the bits behind your choice, quite fascinating and there's always a good reason and a personal feeling about these good things.
And it's a really nice idea to choose to race a 1994 season in Roland's shoes: have you published that season on Youtube?
Is it watchable from anywhere?

You are also absolutely right: Roland demonstrated what anyone could do if passion and will are above everything else.
What he did is extraordinary: he saved money as a mechanic while working for a team and for other drivers, invested his saves to race himself and with a clear view on how to properly setup a car and how to drive it.
A manager for himself, a driver and a businessman...I mean...wow!

And the fact that he was made of the right stuff...if you have time (and if it is new for you) I suggest to spend 20 minutes to watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ji8RTIq3Y
In my opinion there's everything a driver should know and be...and I let you discover the end if you don't know it yet.

To me he was a future champion despite he had to start really from the ground not having all the support often drivers have from family or sponsorship.
It's a great loss he is not with us anymore: he could have been a great "teacher" also on how to do things properly in motorsport.
Cheers.
Marco
hello again mate.. unfortunately not . as i said it was back in 2010 and i had not proper knowledge on how to record i race... i remember that i use the 1994 carset by agousto lopez and tdk . totally agree with you mate , he tried a lot , he made a lot of sacrificies.. for me roland is also an example of life. clever ambitious funny kind etc..

i dont know if he could become a champion, maybe yes maybe not . To my mind maybe not because he was already too old for f1 rookie but who knows,, .. nevertheless his whole way of life was an example , as far as the video is concerned i have seen it previously and this shows exactly the quality of ratzenberger 's driving skills
Ciao RolandRatzenberger, I agree with you, he was one of a kind for the good, absolutely...but being the same age of Ayrton explains how late he arrived to F1.
I also understand, from what I read/watch on the net (interviews, documentaries, etc...) that for him F1 was both an arrival point and also a sort of springboard to move his career further.
At the end he had just money for 5 F1 GPs that season (he payed cash to the team...5M dollars for what I remember...crazy...makes me feel shivers down my spine this "way" of making business...also very fair to be honest), the future was maybe not yet planned but because things move fast in motorsport who knows, with some decent placement with a Simtek anything could have been possible.
And that was a sort of "plan" for him, from what I get from above.

Once "famous" and considered because he finally was in F1, I think he would/could then have moved his steps everywhere, F1 was the pinnacle of his efforts as a PRO, with a lot of exposure worldwide, then maybe he could have found more sponsorships and go on somewhere else.

At the end he was well considered by many people involved in motorsport in less "massively TV marketing driven" like F1 is, within many categories like european and japanese F3000 and SuperGT he was one of the top.
I would not have been surprised to have him some years later within Audi Le Mans project together with Alboreto and Pirro, just to try on the table an example.

So I try to refine my previous sentence: a champion in a broad motorsport world, not specific to F1.
Maybe not rally, but from Nascar to Indycar to Endurance or Tourism championships he could have been easily there, winning, I think.

You now have placed in my ear the curiosity to drive an entire 1994 season on GP2 like you did (with correct engine powerm reliability, etc etc).

Cheers.
Marco
Marco Lazzari
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

18.03.2021, 00:27
another funny thing mate is that today is 18th of march 2021. the day i signed in in this forum was also 18th march 2010.. so today i have something similar to birthday in this forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .. 11 years how quicky have passed. Many things changed in my life , university military, girlfriends ,jobs , unenmployment etc. and i have also played and owned many of the newest racing games.. for example asseto corsa gran turismo codemasters f1 games. But after all these years my passion and desire for a good and hard gp2 race never ended and the flame still burns.. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

GP2... WHAT A GAME
Wow! Happy Bday!
I understand your flame ;)
Nice story indeed.
Cheers.
Marco
Marco Lazzari
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

thank you very much mate .. i agree with the most about what you say about ratzenberger.. there are many 1994 carsets you can try.. what i have choose to make the championship is the 1994 from tdk agousto lopez and F.K .. however the first one i have tried was that of depsey warren.. you will find both in the carset section. if i have to propose one this would be the on from tdk. But you can try everyone of them until you find the best according to your view
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

21.03.2021, 19:52
thank you very much mate .. i agree with the most about what you say about ratzenberger.. there are many 1994 carsets you can try.. what i have choose to make the championship is the 1994 from tdk agousto lopez and F.K .. however the first one i have tried was that of depsey warren.. you will find both in the carset section. if i have to propose one this would be the on from tdk. But you can try everyone of them until you find the best according to your view
Ciao RolandR, perfect, I'll start from this TDK one that you mentioned.
He was, together with DempseyW, one of my favourite doing carsets back then, but I don't know why 1994 season is the only one I've never updated with anything else made by net users.
For a reason I don't remember I've always used the original one that at the end was decently good for the competition itself but quite far from reality.
I've seen some Youtubers simulate just with the AI the GP2 original season and too often Coulthard was the winner orHill and Schumy retiring an undecent number of time ](*,) :shock:
Cheers mate.
Marco
Marco Lazzari
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

i dont remember mine very well to be honest , 11 years have passed since then. just think that the girlfriend i had that time is now married and has kids with another man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . if i remember correctly that champioship was won by shumacher in a close fight with hill not even coulthard.. the reason in this if i remember correctly was that in the original game coulthrand was unrealistic quick.. in other carsets i dont know to be honest.. no offence intended to the other moders but tdk carsets is for me always the first choice. i am not a modder of course , i have only helped in making the values as realistic as it could in the 2018 and 2019 carsets . I have the outmost respect for every moder and for every carset it was made.. BUT tdk is the MAN when it comes to carsets
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

21.03.2021, 23:03
i dont remember mine very well to be honest , 11 years have passed since then. just think that the girlfriend i had that time is now married and has kids with another man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . if i remember correctly that champioship was won by shumacher in a close fight with hill not even coulthard.. the reason in this if i remember correctly was that in the original game coulthrand was unrealistic quick.. in other carsets i dont know to be honest.. no offence intended to the other moders but tdk carsets is for me always the first choice. i am not a modder of course , i have only helped in making the values as realistic as it could in the 2018 and 2019 carsets . I have the outmost respect for every moder and for every carset it was made.. BUT tdk is the MAN when it comes to carsets
Ciao RR, sure, also for me TDK has been always a famous name within GP2 coomunities, I just don't know why I've never put a deep interest in his works. I'll recover nowadays for sure.
Cheers.
Marco
Marco Lazzari
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Ciao Marco,

did you find your desired editor? :D
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

Ciao MaxX,

I apologise for replying to you so late.
I've been out of GP2-world in general for quite a long time.

So I'm really sorry for this.

Long story short: my current i5-Win7 computer is not running the game anymore, and I still have to find out why.
Maybe some last Win7 update for security that I installed without knowing what could have caused with DosBox.
I didn't scout or dig yet.

Finally all the packages I was looking for have arrived:
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-19 at 12.25.02 PM.jpeg
But without a working-game I haven't tested them.

Some weeks ago I've been gifted by an old computer that my parents were not using anymore: it's a CoreDuo on which I have installed WinXP, GP2 and all the editors we metioned in this thread.
So as soon as I will start to work on it seriously I will give you back some screnshots and/or videos.
After the first test the only great issue is that GP2-game-setup does not recognise the audio card.
So i can run it only without sound.
I still have to find out if VDMsound or similar may help and be enough without creating lag-effects or anything bad.

I hope to finally very quickly sort out all the parameters and the mandatory "fields" to then bring on this forum a plausible package of solutions for who is interested to play with 40 cars on GP2.

Best wishes&cheers from Monza.
Marco Lazzari [iKR]

MaxX wrote:
20.05.2021, 08:30
Ciao Marco,

Marco Lazzari
iKeysRacing
GP2 Newbie

Post by iKeysRacing »

Sorry, still me.

Anyway the only editor I remember running smoothly was the Andrzej's one:
Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 12.39.00.png
It was all there for editing parameters and activate 40 runners.
Still I don't remember if then all tracks had 40 slots available.
I'm sure about Interlagos, Barcelona, Silverstone, Monza, Estoril, Suzuka.
I write this based on my memories: 25 years ago I was a damned GP2-tester for useless stuff, but this 40 slots was something that did blow my mind.

And like some say: all your unsolved of youthness will become your ghosts in adulthood.

Then with GP2edit by Steven Young was the way to load car-paint-schemes for drivers from 29th to 40th.

if my job and my channel will give me a bit of freetime more, now that we approach holidays-period, I will work on all of this stuff.

Sorry again for the late reply.
Best wishes & cheers from Monza.
Marco Lazzari [iKR]

MaxX wrote:
Ciao Marco,

Marco Lazzari
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

iKeysRacing wrote:
19.06.2022, 11:36
Ciao MaxX,

Long story short: my current i5-Win7 computer is not running the game anymore, and I still have to find out why.
Maybe some last Win7 update for security that I installed without knowing what could have caused with DosBox.

Some weeks ago I've been gifted by an old computer that my parents were not using anymore: it's a CoreDuo on which I have installed WinXP, GP2 and all the editors we metioned in this thread.
So as soon as I will start to work on it seriously I will give you back some screnshots and/or videos.
After the first test the only great issue is that GP2-game-setup does not recognise the audio card.
I still have to find out if VDMsound or similar may help and be enough without creating lag-effects or anything bad.

I hope to finally very quickly sort out all the parameters and the mandatory "fields" to then bring on this forum a plausible package of solutions for who is interested to play with 40 cars on GP2.

Marco Lazzari [iKR]

MaxX wrote:
Ciao Marco,

hey dude. i would love if you could somehow share via wetransfer or any other way the 1998 trackpack :D :D :D :D [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

iKeysRacing wrote:
19.06.2022, 11:36
Ciao MaxX,

Marco Lazzari [iKR]
Ciao Marco,

no worries about that :D

Yes, having a functional machine with native Win XP installed is not that easy, true. I have two in spare, but rarely use them because I have a virtual win xp machine, which does the trick also on my current machine.

Wow, an impressive collection, I cross my fingers for you that you are sucessfull with that. I also did some playing around but the outcome didn`t change -> 40 cars worked, they could attend in qual, car-jam was not changable, helmets where not used, only 26 cars in a race. That would be real awesome if you would be successull, especially for Indycar sets and personally I also would like to run a 30 car field on my favorite tracks.

Looking forward to that and all the best,
Markus