WTCC and Curitiba

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

WTCC and Curitiba

Post by Gabriele »

Hi guys.
Yesterday I've downloaded the awesome WTCC carset, and I started a full race @ Curitiba.
Cars have 550 bhp (more or less), and drivers ranges are between 13900 and 14100 roughly.
At ACE level, with the standard setup, I am (i created myself at 13000 and dumped another driver) where I should expect me to be, fighting for a top 5 qual/fiinish.
BUT... cars are a lot quicker than me: 280 km/h for SEATs, 265-275 km/h for others, and... 242 km/h for ME.
No way, I do not want to be overtaken 100 times at the end of the straights, and be blocked for the rest of the track.
So I changed a little bit rear wing and gears ratio, to match top speed.
And I was *really* quicker. Fastest was 1.37.4, I was flying around 1.35.4...
So I thought to decrease my driver range from 13000 to whatever was required not to be SO dominating.
To cut a long story short... now my range is 900 (nine hundred)... and guess what? I am STILL on the same 1.35.4.
How is it possible?
I do not wanna mess up with weight and car grip factor, since it is perfect for a WTCC "feel".
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Re: WTCC and Curitiba

Post by Gabriele »

correction: even with standard setup I am hell quick... 1.35.3!!!
I need competiton! Maybe is related to the track???
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

The problem is that when you change the BHP values in GP2, for some reason it's possible to get the player car accelerating much more quickly then the CC-cars by messing around with the gear ratios.

However what you can do if you want it to be more realistic is to open a season calendar on WinTrackMan, then select "CC Car Setup" from the Track menu at the top. This will show you the wing settings and gear ratios for the CC-cars. If you use these settings you'll have the same acceleration and top speed as the other cars.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

Gosh, I'm stupid. #-o
I'll try and let you know (I guess that they are the same values you get with trackeditor).
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Hey, it took me years to work that out! :lol:
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

I opened up the track in trackeditor and I noted the CC setup: 12/3, 28-35-42-49-55-61.
That was put as my setup. Warmup lap, first lap... 1.34.255... 3 seconds quicker than the 2nd...

Damn I'm good!!! \:D/

...but still this was not what I was looking for...
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

I think I found the key.
Playing with carset's grip factor, I noticed that CC times are always the same, whereas mine decrease or increase according to that changes.
So, after playing a little bit, I just put grip factor at 800 instead of 500. Fantastic! \:D/
Ayrton Senna Da Silva