Fictional stuff...

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Fictional stuff...

Post by MaxD »

Hey guys, can I firstly say WOW on the new downloads - especially Rockingham - can't wait to try it.

Now, I have a problem and want some help/advice if possible...

I am in the early stages of organising a ficticious championship with the following:
Ficticious drivers, teams, engines etc etc
A mixture of oval and road/street tracks,
BUT, I am thinking of doing possible random qualifying sessions (all driver values are set to same number) - Can I achieve this and get fastest drivers to overtake others during a say 20 lap sprint race?
I'm also thinking of having each race hosting 3 sprint races of 20 laps with a total of 30+ races (a la NASCAR)
Also thinking of having a 'chase for the Cup' style finish

Now, I would LOVE to include a ficticious carshape (loosley based on the 1982/1986 F1 carshape) but have NO IDEA how to do it.
I know people are really busy with their own stuff but I would be interested to see if anyone can taske a look at my idea, tell me if it's possible and if so, can they do it or help me to do it????

Any thoghts on my series ideas?
What have you done before that was fun?

cheers

Max
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: Fictional stuff...

Post by AD »

MaxD wrote:BUT, I am thinking of doing possible random qualifying sessions (all driver values are set to same number) - Can I achieve this and get fastest drivers to overtake others during a say 20 lap sprint race?
It should be possible to achieve that, by giving them performance values for the race which differ enough. If there's enough of a differential, there will be overtaking as far as the track allows it -- if there are a lot of slow corners closely following each other, the AI could have a bit more trouble providing an interesting race. ;-)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..