gp2.exe damaged?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
quicknick85
GP2 Newbie

gp2.exe damaged?

Post by quicknick85 »

hello gp2 fans

i installed gp2 about 1 year ago on my new installed old pc on win98

all the time i have no problems

but since 3 weeks i have a lot of problems, and the game crashed in diffrent situations.

sometimes at a start crash, sometimes if i go after a pit stop, sometimes at diffrent camera angles.
also at diffrent circuits.

is it possible that the gp2.exe is damaged after 10 month.
i often changed team data, car setting, game settings, jam files and the circuits. if a changed some adverts on the circuits i start the game very often to test what i changed.
also i changed some times, but not often carshapes.
but not always only sometimes it chrashes. sometimes it chrashs and somtimes not on the same circuit with all data and settings the same. so i think it can´t be a general mistake on the circuit or so.

did anyone know this problem?

i replaced the gp2.exe by the copy of it, i made after i installed the game then.
but thats only few minutes ago. so i can´t say at the moment if its better now.

i´m sorry for my bad english, if someone speaks german i can explain it in german.

so i hope someone can help me and wish a good night to you all.

greez thomas
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: gp2.exe damaged?

Post by AD »

Welcome aboard! :)

From your description, it doesn't sound like there's an obvious, reproducable pattern to these crashes. I assume your PC is running fine, otherwise, I'd be wondering if the crashes could somehow be related to hardware gremlins.

There is one problem mentioned in the knowledge base that could be similar to what you're experiencing:
GP2 has crashed and now I can't start it up again!
You can solve this by deleting the file F1GSTATE.SAV from the GP2 directory.
Note this will destroy some of your settings but these can be restored by loading a previous saved game. So make sure you always have one!
I'm not sure this is identical to what problems you've described, but maybe it's another thing you could try if replacing the .exe with the original file doesn't seem to have any effect.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..