Team and drivers Performance

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Hawke
GP2 Starter

Team and drivers Performance

Post by Hawke »

Are the performances of the teams and drivers in every positions of teams in GP2Edit different????

If i us the data from the NL2 carset in my own championship, the toyota of trulli is the fastest on track followt bij barrichello, glock, the red bulls and than button.

I only placet the team in an other order in my own carset.
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: Team and drivers Performance

Post by AD »

Just changing the sequence shouldn't fundamentally affect things, as far as I remember, performance settings are specified in each team's slot (car and drivers).
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

You can use the performance calculator (the button with the chequed flag) to see your settings
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

It should make no difference. Only sometimes i notice this strange bugs too. When i drive with the NL² carset, Button doesn't win that much. Usually Vettel or Barrichello, sometimes even Webber. :-s

I really don't have a clue what this could be. You can try to install a new unpatched Gp2, and then patch it with
your "modified" carset. Maybe this helps... :wink:

I still believe that patching one version of Gp2 many times with almost the same values, messes up the performance
of drivers. But i never really did deep testing about this. :?
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah I've noticed similar patterns too. Those of you who have downloaded my carsets will know that I have A and B versions so when I combine single-car teams into one two-car team, both teams are represented. If I play with the A version I'll get totally different results to the B version despite them having the same grip settings.

Sometimes I find that if I patch GP2, and do a race weekend, it'll give some odd results. But if I then re-do the same weekend without quitting GP2, it'll give more expected results.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

If the wings in the ccsetup of your tracks are 10/10, GP2 will set wings 10/9, 10/10 and 10/11 for most teams. Cars with 10/9 will be faster. Some cars will have weird setups and will be really slow.

These settings are random, but it seems that the first session in enter when you start GP2 will aways be the same. Using NL² carset it will make the Toyotas faster (at the first session...but if you quit the race and start another one, it will change).

You can check his saving the gaming and opening it with Hof2lap. I'm not sure, but I think you should use -C option to see all ccsetups.

In GP3 and GP4 they can track this stuff with GPxPatch's random seeds (which control car failures and cc mistakes, as well).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!