GP2 Track Editing

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
mclaren2007
GP2 Newbie

GP2 Track Editing

Post by mclaren2007 »

Hi i'm new to this forum!! I have been making tracks in Grand Prix 4 from GP2 tracks and I need some help with certain parts of tracks:

- Banks. I know the maximum bank value is 255. But what is this value in feet??
- Isoheight. What is this?? Is it the height (in feet or metres) of the end of the sector??
- Delta Height?
- Altitude Delta?

p.s I want to play GP2 on Windows XP but there are two issues:

The sound works, but it is so choppy due to the very fast speed of the game
If I hold down "O" to check PO, it crashes and says divide by zero
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: GP2 Track Editing

Post by rremedio »

mclaren2007 wrote:Hi i'm new to this forum!! I have been making tracks in Grand Prix 4 from GP2 tracks and I need some help with certain parts of tracks:
Welcome!

First of all, all the knowledge available about GP2/GP3 track editing is compiled in http://www.waa63.ch/racesim/index.html
mclaren2007 wrote:- Banks. I know the maximum bank value is 255. But what is this value in feet??
In GP2 the maximun value is not 255. I don't know how to convert the values to feet.
mclaren2007 wrote:- Isoheight. What is this?? Is it the height (in feet or metres) of the end of the sector??
- Delta Height?
- Altitude Delta?
Isoheight is the altitude in meters of the end of the sector compared to the altitude in the start of the track.

In GP2, the height "factor" is a kind of an angle that turns the track up or down in a sector. The delta height adds a value to this "factor".

Altitude delta is the amount of altitude diference between the start and the end of a sector (I don't know the scale).
mclaren2007 wrote:p.s I want to play GP2 on Windows XP but there are two issues:

The sound works, but it is so choppy due to the very fast speed of the game
If I hold down "O" to check PO, it crashes and says divide by zero
Search this forum and take a look at the tutorials in http://www.grandprix2.de for the sound issue. I think the PO bug cannot be solved, but anyway, in winxp, the PO it shows is wrong.

Regards
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Life Racing Engines
GP2 Newbie

Post by Life Racing Engines »

For some reason I don't understand how the difference between tarmac, grass and gravel on verges is made. Could someone try to explain that?
Life Racing Engines
GP2 Newbie

Post by Life Racing Engines »

It looks like the road texture is the solution for getting smooth tarmac on verges. I was misled by the add tarmac function ](*,) .