Cockpit view problem - please help!

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MTSElectro
GP2 Newbie

Cockpit view problem - please help!

Post by MTSElectro »

I have an unusual problem that has started occurring on GP2, and would love any help/suggestions on how to fix it.

Usually whenever a mechanical issue happens for a driver it will say what the issue is on the dashboard under the fuel laps. However, it now specifies 'WORN TIRES' in a random place with what looks like TV static behind it and also says 'TIMES DISQUALIFIED! MUST COME IN NOW!'.
gp2texterror.jpg
I have no idea how this started happening, it occurred randomly and keeps appearing despite trying a few different cockpit layouts to see if it was just a glitch with the original one.

Any help on how to fix this would be hugely appreciated.
MTSElectro | Retro Racing Manager's League | Motorsport enthusiast and gamer | Adores motorsport, cue sports and Gerry Anderson
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Cockpit view problem - please help!

Post by samsepi0l »

That's the weirdest thing, I wish I could help you. Do you keep backups of your game folder?
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Yep, that´s really weird! never seen it before. Is it happening in all the tracks?
After making a copy of your GP2 I´d try to replace F1PCSVGA.BIN from another installation of the game which you know it´s working. Reinstall the cockpit and see if it´s fixed.

Really interesting that "worn tires" by the way :-k :-k
MTSElectro
GP2 Newbie

Post by MTSElectro »

samsepi0l wrote:
09.04.2024, 20:46
That's the weirdest thing, I wish I could help you. Do you keep backups of your game folder?
I have backups but they're not helping.
eky78 wrote:
09.04.2024, 22:17
Yep, that´s really weird! never seen it before. Is it happening in all the tracks?
After making a copy of your GP2 I´d try to replace F1PCSVGA.BIN from another installation of the game which you know it´s working. Reinstall the cockpit and see if it´s fixed.

Really interesting that "worn tires" by the way :-k :-k
Just tried that and the problem is still there. I'm so confused as to why this is happening.
MTSElectro | Retro Racing Manager's League | Motorsport enthusiast and gamer | Adores motorsport, cue sports and Gerry Anderson
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Isn't a cockpit really 2 parts of information?

1 is the actual graphics itself
2 is the layout, or CPD info?

I assume you re-loaded the second part?
MTSElectro
GP2 Newbie

Post by MTSElectro »

samsepi0l wrote:
10.04.2024, 19:15
Isn't a cockpit really 2 parts of information?

1 is the actual graphics itself
2 is the layout, or CPD info?

I assume you re-loaded the second part?
I've tried both and no luck. I think the only way I can fix it is to get my mate who has the game as well to send me all his game files so I can uninstall and reinstall
MTSElectro
GP2 Newbie

Post by MTSElectro »

So my friend has sent me all his game files and I've effectively reinstalled the game, it's done the trick! Still no clue what caused it in the first place but for now my settings are set in stone for the rest of time! :lol: