Static car previews

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Static car previews

Post by jakesanson »

Hey guys.

On the GP2.de website, some of the carsets and car liveries have static displays of the cars in their new artwork.

How have people managed to create such a preview? Is there a tool that can create pictures of cars in their static livery that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance.
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 04.50.13.png
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Static car previews

Post by samsepi0l »

20240206_062322-picsay.jpg

for nearly 30 years now I used the previews in the gp2 edit program for printouts on all kinds of things - it looks like what they are doing, however they are cropping out the cars and adding a background (which is easy in gimp)

here is one of my notebooks with my 1984 carset spotters guide printed out on it...
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

jakesanson wrote:
06.02.2024, 05:51
Hey guys.

On the GP2.de website, some of the carsets and car liveries have static displays of the cars in their new artwork.

How have people managed to create such a preview? Is there a tool that can create pictures of cars in their static livery that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance.

The only problem with this preview is it's just one carshape. I'm not sure how they're doing it with different carshapes. Is that possible in GP2Edit? I've never been able to work it out if it is.
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

jakesanson wrote:
06.02.2024, 05:51
Hey guys.

Thanks in advance.

This one is probably from GP2 Car Editor (the software used to edit carshapes).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I will investigate.