Camera Switch

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Manselltash
GP2 Newbie

Camera Switch

Post by Manselltash »

Hi all,

So while on track in Spain and practice any track mode. I do a few laps in cockpit camera. Then after a few laps the camera automatically switches me to the outside view. Bit similar to when you crash, can't move in the gravel and the marshals come out to push you off and lift you from the track.
I can switch back to cockpit by hitting the right cursor key on my controller, but obviously this issue is annoying whilst in the middle of a race.

Anybody with any ideas for a solution to this?

Thanks!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Camera Switch

Post by samsepi0l »

cockpit camera.... you mean regular game view?

I've never seen this
Manselltash
GP2 Newbie

Post by Manselltash »

Yes sorry regular game view. Its so annoying. You get right into a session then it switches view for no reason.
Manselltash
GP2 Newbie

Post by Manselltash »

Update:

Okay now, the problem was my gamepad, with the one I was using a cheap gamepad. So the supposed L-stick analogue was acting as keyboard cursor keys. Everytime I went round the track my name come up because the game thought I was activating the cursor.
Then my driver view would go from normal camera mode to outside the car and with the change I would unfortunately run of track.
Changing to a better high end game pad changed this with the L-Stick analogue acting as it should as a steering device.

Note I can't use a wheel because I am playing the game through 'Magic Dosbox' on my Android mobile phone and the gamepad is Bluetooth.
By the way the game plays great, handles well now and the graphics are lush with no fps issues. Testing I get (6th place) in Spain on the start 73% occupancy, right from the grid and down to the first corner and with svga graphics, everything fully up and ticked. Not tried back of grid yet at say Monaco. But will do and report back here soon.

Happy days.