new dosbox options in 2023??? (alternative dosbox-x instead of ECE)

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

new dosbox options in 2023??? (alternative dosbox-x instead of ECE)

Post by samsepi0l »

Has anyone seen the version of dosbox called "dosbox x"? I have been using ECE to play gp2 for years, but now I see ECE has reached end of life and many people have moved to dosbox-x...

have any of you tried it?
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: new dosbox options in 2023??? (alternative dosbox-x instead of ECE)

Post by roland ratzenberger »

samsepi0l wrote:
12.11.2023, 23:40
Has anyone seen the version of dosbox called "dosbox x"? I have been using ECE to play gp2 for years, but now I see ECE has reached end of life and many people have moved to dosbox-x...

have any of you tried it?
Strange enough the dos box ece site seems to have gone down and also there arent also the previous dos box ece version . Strange indeed. Personally i only use dos box for gp1 and gp2 . Indeed dos box ece and dos box svn daum are a huge upgrade from the standars dos box 0.74 i used 5 years ago. Since the i only use these two ( depending on the pc) and i am more than happy with both of them. So i will stick with them.

Dos box x from what i have read seems like a dos box virtual machine rather than emulator. This may be good for others and bad for others according to what they want. But since i am covered with those two i dont see a reason to go to x.