TRACK PACKS???

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

TRACK PACKS???

Post by roland ratzenberger »

Hello guys.. i am currently playing gp2 bellini version with a 2003 and a 2022 carset. Gp2 bellini is a very nice package and a very nice trackpack as well.

So my question is this, does anyone have any trackpack (90s ,00, 10s, etc)and would like to share it with us????
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: TRACK PACKS???

Post by rremedio »

I don't have files to share but maybe some info. This is all I remember regarding track packs:

grandprix2.de has the 2000 F1 track pack by Matti Laitinen. In my opinion, most of the tracks included there have been surpassed by other versions, and the tracks that don't use original GP2 layouts have ccline issues (the Belini TP has dated graphics and the layouts are not very accurate, because it was the 90s and we didn't have google maps and sources for track data wasn't very good, but they have great ccline and almost no bugs at all). But it was a great track pack for its time and it is still usable. I remember there was a 1999 version too and it included a 1998 TP inside it, but I don't know where to find it anymore. Another problem with this track pack is that many tracks didn't work correctly in their "intented" slots.

Before the Benini packs there were some (also paid) packs...called Instant Access or something like that. I believe Belini was part of their team. I heard those were very bad tracks but I never got my hands onto them so I could test it myself.

After 2000 there was a TP available on the internet that used tracks from many authors. Can't remember the exact year. But I think it was never finished.

Sergio Leonardi released many track packs for all sort of racing series, but those were very very low quality tracks.

There was a 1991 mod in this forum that included all tracks from that year.

TDK made a fantasy track for each slot and while you must download them separatedly, they work as a complete track pack, including correct slots. And they are very high quality.

If I ever manage to finish the 2019 pack, it will include all tracks and a way to configure the magic data.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

Interesting info as well.. belini trackpack to me despite some minor flaws giives great sense of racing and in general is a great add on for the game.. if you mean the bellini 1999 patch i have it as a standalone game which i can send you if you like. But i dont remember any 1998 tp. Bellini is based on 1999 tracks. In any case. I hope you finished soon your 2019 trackpack :D :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I mean the 1999 TP by Matti Laitinen. It is very similar to the 2000 TP available in grandprix2.de.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Additional Info to the paid Track Packs, it`s very true, compared to the quality of our community tracks (kudos to Michael, Antonio, rremedio, TdK and many others) they are inferior. No elevation, graphics vanilla style, graphic errors, cc line mediocre. You don`t miss anything here :) They were great for the time, but our patchers have raised the bar for modding quality, so it is hard to be happy with them. Also there is no track included, which is not available here in the forums or on grandprix2.de-site :D

It would be cool to share the tracks from collections (it is a tedious task to reloacate the jams if a track overwrites original jams or uses same folder like another patcher) so this would help to spare some work. But of course this would demand asking the authors if they are ok with that. I have done that in one version of GP2, the filename restriction of 8 makes it hard, I went for CountryISO-3LettersforCircuit-Year. So for instace BR-INT98.DAT would be Interlagos 98. I should have gone for another folder for the country though, because there are sometime more versions of a track and same year which you might want to keep. OK, BR-IN98.DAT is a possibility for a second version, but I was not aware that one could use subfolders. :mrgreen:
With prober naming and folder structure it could be a great trackpack possible, but I doubt that such a project will ever be released.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

I tend to browse in the track section and try a bunch of tracks when I'm trying to find a specific track/year combo. For example I was just racing silverstone with my 97 carset ( I am doing a full 97 100%length season- and keeping the points myself in a spreadsheet). With Silverstone the configuration changed frequently, almost every few years- so I found a 1999 version that had a good trackshape to represent 1997. There are some tracks that I've found there isn't really a great version of (when I say great version- I mean like Michael's 86 monaco "good" which is amazing work). I think I might take aim at gp2 track creation when I get done with the tracks I want to make for ICR2.