Jeddah Corniche Circuit

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
F1ClassicChallenger
GP2 Newbie

Jeddah Corniche Circuit

Post by F1ClassicChallenger »

Hi everyone! I think all of you guys know about the F1 circuit at Saudi Arabia. Is there a possibility on coming to GP2 soon?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Jeddah Corniche Circuit

Post by rremedio »

Antonio, who is our most prolific track maker, suffered a small domestic accident last year and his work GP2 was on hold. No idea if he wanted to do Jeddah or not, but he was the most likely to do it.

I'm not making any gp2-related work for now. I have a bunch of unfinished projects I need to finish and I will come back to them at some point (I don't know when) but I don't have any interest on making Jeddah. Maybe after I finish the 2019 tracks. But working on modern F1 tracks is never fun for me.

I haven't heard of the other track makers recently, but maybe tk or tdk will give it a shot. I have no idea.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Re: Jeddah Corniche Circuit

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

rremedio wrote:
03.02.2022, 20:27
Antonio, who is our most prolific track maker, suffered a small domestic accident last year and his work GP2 was on hold. No idea if he wanted to do Jeddah or not, but he was the most likely to do it.
Probably I'm going to make a pause in GP2 projects for a while. I have several British club tracks improved, but some of that unfinished and not published since April of the last year. The slow pace of pandemic/quarantine in the last 2 years delayed all my important non-GP2 projects, and since the mass vaccination here in mid-2021, I spent most of the time running to done that. Last Monday I removed the plaster on my left arm (I fell from a bicycle on the street in early December, two days after the 2021 Saudi Arabian GP in Jeddah), and now my arm, wrist and hand are in great shape to play GP2. Yesterday I got some laps in Monaco 86 by Michael, and it was fun (perfect track!). But I have no intention to make a complex modern street circuit as Jeddah Corniche for GP2. At least, not for more than a couple of years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker