Searching for circuit (probably not from this site)

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
pavloslepaul
GP2 Newbie

Searching for circuit (probably not from this site)

Post by pavloslepaul »

Hello everyone!

I searched throguht my old videos from Grand Prix 2 and I found that one time I used circuit named as "Livorno". I'm pretty sure it could be downloaded from other site. Looking at my poor quality video I saw, that circuit layout isn't any similar to this used in real life (or at least that which I was able to found). Only significant element of this circuit was railway nearby start/finish line.

Well, before ending of writing this new topic I found that layout was looking like Miotta San Giovanni, but with older graphics (like no kerbs, no modern adverts, tyre barriers). I'm would not believe that I modified such circuit, but maybe someone have idea?
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: Searching for circuit (probably not from this site)

Post by ismael »

Hello!
No, as for me, I have never heard of it.

Regards
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

pavloslepaul wrote:
29.12.2021, 11:17
Hello everyone!

I searched throguht my old videos from Grand Prix 2 and I found that one time I used circuit named as "Livorno". I'm pretty sure it could be downloaded from other site. Looking at my poor quality video I saw, that circuit layout isn't any similar to this used in real life (or at least that which I was able to found). Only significant element of this circuit was railway nearby start/finish line.

Well, before ending of writing this new topic I found that layout was looking like Miotta San Giovanni, but with older graphics (like no kerbs, no modern adverts, tyre barriers). I'm would not believe that I modified such circuit, but maybe someone have idea?
Hi,

That GP2 track was indeed John Edwards' Motta San Giovanni, a fictional track. However, I modified the scenery around late 2003, inserting that railway, removing kerbs, and other modifications to create a "version" (not much real, but possible to compete) of 1937 Livorno. That "Livorno/Motta San Giovanni" was used by Formula GP2 historical league, in January 31st 2004, to simulate the 1937 Italian Grand Prix, since that year's GP was held in Livorno and not in Monza. There was no Livorno version for GP2, and we had no enough time to create a real 7.2 km version of Livorno. So, we used Motta San Giovanni with some scenery modifications.

That version of "Livorno/Motta San Giovanni" still is available for download in Formula GP2 website. Despite the league is extinct since early 2017, the website still is online.

https://www.f1mania.net/gp2br/fgp2/prew ... ivorno.zip
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Never have heard of this one before. Adding it to my collection, thank you guys :D
pavloslepaul
GP2 Newbie

Post by pavloslepaul »

Thank you very much :D

I am very glad to see this circuit, of course I downloaded it. And yes, few years ago I had to downloaded this circuit from this page. Good to see that website still exists.