Car removal time

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
menacefluid
GP2 Newbie

Car removal time

Post by menacefluid »

Hey guys, hope you're all keeping well.

I was looking for a tool that does something similar to F1GP's GPFlags, which adjusts the time it takes for a car to be removed from the circuit and also how long it takes for yellow flags to be shown.

There's a value in GP2LAP.CFG called "CarRemovalTime" but it looks like it only affects the player car.

I'm not sure such a tool exists but maybe something can be done with a hex editor or something like that. Has anyone had any luck in this area or is this a bust?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Car removal time

Post by rremedio »

menacefluid wrote:
12.09.2021, 12:58
Hey guys, hope you're all keeping well.

I was looking for a tool that does something similar to F1GP's GPFlags, which adjusts the time it takes for a car to be removed from the circuit and also how long it takes for yellow flags to be shown.

There's a value in GP2LAP.CFG called "CarRemovalTime" but it looks like it only affects the player car.

I'm not sure such a tool exists but maybe something can be done with a hex editor or something like that. Has anyone had any luck in this area or is this a bust?
Hi and welcome!

My memory fails, but I think I've never seen such a feature. I once built an excel macro that would allow my friend to kick cars from saved games for the "manager" ai-only league he used to run (so he could kick out drivers from players who didn't submit the required stuff, like car setups and pit strategy, for the race). I think we had some problems with this because the tool would actually create a car failure for the car he wanted to kick out and sometimes it would take too long for the game to remove the car, and I don't think I ever managed to fix it and I don't have that tool anymore to check.

Anyway...hopefully, if such a tool exists, somebody here will be able to tell.

Cya
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!