Martinsville Speedway

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
davizinn
GP2 Newbie

Martinsville Speedway

Post by davizinn »

I want the Martinsville Speedway for GP2, it's a short oval track from Nascar. I think it would be so cool. I'm new at the community, thank you!

ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: Martinsville Speedway

Post by ismael »

Hello Davizinn, and welcome to the forum!

The website has a page dedicated to US tracks, as you might be aware. There are several speedways available in it, although Martinsville is not one of them: http://grandprix2.de/Strecke2/tracks_Un ... States.htm

There are a good chunk of tracks spreaded through the forum entries and not included in the tracks directory because our generous benefactor, AAS, hadn't had the time to do it. Although I'm pretty sure that Martinsville is not there either.

The track builders of this community are awesome; modern modded tracks look way more professional and realistic than the tracks commercially provided with the original GP2 game. But their time is limited too, I'm not sure if they'll be available to build a Martinsville track anytime soon. Moreover, there has been another informal track requests before, like the Sakhir GP track raced in Formula One only once, in late 2020.
Sakhir.jpg
Hopefully you could do something with the other available speedways in the track directory. There are a few others outside the United States too, like in Germany, Britain, Brazil or Japan. Good luck!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

If you are looking to drive open wheel cars on an oval, you will find that Indycar Racing 2 is probably a better game.
davizinn
GP2 Newbie

Post by davizinn »

samsepi0l wrote:
03.07.2021, 19:32
If you are looking to drive open wheel cars on an oval, you will find that Indycar Racing 2 is probably a better game.
I wasn't thinking on open wheel cars either, but in other types of race cars, GP2 has a pretty good realism and facility on install mods, so i think It would be cool. Stock Cars mods will be cool in a track like that, but i know that is possible in so much games.

(Sorry for the english errors, i'm from brazil)