Ale's Pit&Lap Editor not working in game

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
77Racer
GP2 Newbie

Ale's Pit&Lap Editor not working in game

Post by 77Racer »

Hi folks,

quick issue....

Ive just used Ale's Pit&Lap Editor to change the total laps and pit stops of cc cars to once (within four laps) but when I open game up (using Dos but linked to GPLap not GP2), the data doesnt load and goes back to the original f1ct13 data. How is this happening?

If I change the Dos path back to GP2.exe I wont be able to use GPLap correct?
Any suggestions?....

Or any suggestions on how else to change the number of laps for a race and then the number of pitstops?

Ive tried the track editor but cannot seem to change the data in it...

Thanks in advance!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Re: Ale's Pit&Lap Editor not working in game

Post by eky78 »

I´m not sure but I think with Ale's Pit&Lap Editor you can´t change the number of laps.
For that you need to change the datas with GP2Edit (Edit---> Number of Laps) or like you said use the Track Editor.
In the second case, if you use GP2Lap make sure that the CatchTrackInfos is enabled. It is in the file GP2LAP.CFG right under the list of the tracks and its value on the right has to be 1. This way GP2Lap loads the datas directly from the dat file.

Hope that´s the problem...
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Ale's Pit&Lap Editor not working in game

Post by rremedio »

I only use the Track Editor for that so idk about Ale's editor.

In track editor, you must change the number of laps in the Track -> Track Name (GP2INFO) menu. And you can change pit strategies in the Pitlane -> Pit Stop Strategies menu.

If the number of laps keep unchanged in the game, maybe you have a corrupt header section in the track file. We touched on this on this topic -> viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21881
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!