update CC line for Mexico City 87 - 92 (Kessler)

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
peke12
GP2 Newbie

update CC line for Mexico City 87 - 92 (Kessler)

Post by peke12 »

Hello,

I installed a 1992 car mod and added the mexico city 87 -92 track by Peter Kessler.
I installed it in slot 14.
When checking the circuit, it looks terrific.
There is one thing I noticed about the ai: they lift the throttle in turn 13 ( the left turn onto Recta del Ovalo (final straight to Peraltada)
They definitely lose some time there and I fear this might make the race to easy for me.
Is there somebody who can help change this so the ai takes this turn full throttle?
I know there is a tool called magic data, but I have no idea how to work with it.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: update CC line for Mexico City 87 - 92 (Kessler)

Post by samsepi0l »

You need to modify the CC line in trackeditor. This is difficult. I've tried making better lines for tracks too, but I always end up making them worse.
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

peke12 wrote:
01.01.2021, 13:18
Hello,

I installed a 1992 car mod and added the mexico city 87 -92 track by Peter Kessler.
I installed it in slot 14.
When checking the circuit, it looks terrific.
There is one thing I noticed about the ai: they lift the throttle in turn 13 ( the left turn onto Recta del Ovalo (final straight to Peraltada)
They definitely lose some time there and I fear this might make the race to easy for me.
Is there somebody who can help change this so the ai takes this turn full throttle?
I know there is a tool called magic data, but I have no idea how to work with it.
I recommend you to use the 1992 Mexico City track version by Thomas Kost and Antonio Pessoa. Both graphics, track layout and cc-line are more accurate

Link: http://www.grandprix2.de/Strecke2/Mexic ... _ap_tk.zip

Have fun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
peke12
GP2 Newbie

Post by peke12 »

I will give it a try.
Thanks for the tip!!