Current layouts of classic F1 tracks

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Current layouts of classic F1 tracks

Post by MaxX »

I was waiting for a current version of Spa (on grandprix2.de there was 2001 the most current) for ages, just to discover that there is a great version by rremedio and A.Pessoa here in the forums :lol: Oh man, could have had so much fun earlier with my F1 carsets #-o

I want use the current amount of more free time to revise my fictional carset and want to use current versions of my all time favorite F1 Circuits. Luckily a vast amount of them will be covered by the awesome 2019er revision, but still I want to use some classics as well.

I have used search funcion and browsed the forum, do you know if the following circuits on grandprix2.de are the most current?
  • Imola 2004 (track layout is outdatet AFAIK)
  • Phoenix 1991 - most likely it is, don`t know weather there are still races there or not
  • Indianapolis F1 Version (non oval) - 2001 (will sub Phoenix in Season 2 and be subed by Texas in S3)
  • Estoril 2007
  • Magny Cours 2008 (will sub Paul Ricard in Season 2 or 3)
  • Nurburgring 2003 (might sub Hockenheim later, still not sure - HH is a great circuit
  • Sepang 2002
It you know about a more frequent version please tell me, else I will use this ones :) Important for me are version with most current track layouts, adverts are not that important, I will adapt the jam files for all track to have a fitting feeling.

Thanks in advance :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Current layouts of classic F1 tracks

Post by rremedio »

MaxX wrote:
19.04.2020, 17:15
I was waiting for a current version of Spa (on grandprix2.de there was 2001 the most current) for ages, just to discover that there is a great version by rremedio and A.Pessoa here in the forums :lol: Oh man, could have had so much fun earlier with my F1 carsets #-o

I want use the current amount of more free time to revise my fictional carset and want to use current versions of my all time favorite F1 Circuits. Luckily a vast amount of them will be covered by the awesome 2019er revision, but still I want to use some classics as well.

I have used search funcion and browsed the forum, do you know if the following circuits on grandprix2.de are the most current?
  • Phoenix 1991 - most likely it is, don`t know weather there are still races there or not
  • Indianapolis F1 Version (non oval) - 2001 (will sub Phoenix in Season 2 and be subed by Texas in S3)
  • Estoril 2007
  • Nurburgring 2003 (might sub Hockenheim later, still not sure - HH is a great circuit
  • Sepang 2002
It you know about a more frequent version please tell me, else I will use this ones :) Important for me are version with most current track layouts, adverts are not that important, I will adapt the jam files for all track to have a fitting feeling.

TBF our Spa track is only days old. lol there was my Spa 2015 track before tho, but because of mail problems on AAS' old account, it never made it to grandprix2.de

About the tracks:
-Imola 2004 is the latest available for GP2 and its layout is outdated indeed
-Phoenix 1991 was a temporary circuit, never used again. Michael's version is the best available for GP2 - viewtopic.php?p=15514#p15514
-Indianapolis F1 is not used anymore, but Indycar uses a somewhat similar layout (not available for GP2 afaik) which looks more interesting imo
-Estoril 2007 has the latest layout. There were talks about the track being widened prior to the latest resurfacing, but I don't think it really happened.
-Magny-Cours 2008 has the latest layout.
-Nurburgring 2003 has the latest layout.
-Sepang 2002 has the latest layout. Unfortunately, the GP2 version doesn't have a very realistic layout and its ccline is not very good.

I hope it helps =)
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Thank you for the hyperfast answer. :D

Yap, that helps. Very good point about Phoenix, I would have missed the version otherwise. :mrgreen:
Murilo67
GP2 Newbie

Post by Murilo67 »

rremedio wrote:
19.04.2020, 18:07
MaxX wrote:
19.04.2020, 17:15

I want use the current amount of more free time to revise my fictional carset and want to use current versions of my all time favorite F1 Circuits. Luckily a vast amount of them will But did you forget to do the classic SPA FRANCORCHAMPS from 2004-2005 if you would still do it this year ?? covered by the awesome 2019er revision, but still I want to use some classics as well.

• Estoril 2007
  • Sepang 2002

TBF our Spa track is only days old. lol there was my Spa 2015 track before tho, but because of mail problems on AAS' old account, it never made it to grandprix2.de

About the tracks:
-Imola 2004 is the latest available for GP2 and its layout is outdated indeed
-Phoenix 1991 was a temporary circuit, never used again. Michael's version is the best available for GP2 - viewtopic.php?p=15514#p15514
-Indianapolis F1 is not used anymore, but Indycar uses a somewhat similar layout (not available for GP2 afaik) which looks more interesting imo
-Estoril 2007 has the latest layout. There were talks about the track being widened prior to the latest resurfacing, but I don't think it really happened.
-Magny-Cours 2008 has the latest layout.
-Nurburgring 2003 has the latest layout.
-Sepang 2002 has the latest layout. Unfortunately, the GP2 version doesn't have a very realistic layout and its ccline is not very good.

I hope it helps =)
Murilo67
GP2 Newbie

Post by Murilo67 »

But did you forget to do the classic SPA FRANCORCHAMPS from 2004-2005 if you would still do it this year ??