Experience with thrustmaster ts pc racer or certain fanatec wheel/paddle combinations?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Experience with thrustmaster ts pc racer or certain fanatec wheel/paddle combinations?

Post by samsepi0l »

Ted- I use ECE with my logitech driving force gt. Typically when I calibrate in grand prix 2 I have a range of 0 to 48. (with the center at about 24 obviously)

I have my dosbox config file set at 0% and the game "low sensitivity zone" set at about 10%.

I notice when I am driving very delicate corners (like tamburello in imola, or any of the curved straights at hockenheim) I seem to be always correcting like I am hovering around the 'sweet spot" in steering input. It has caused me to go onto the grass and crash in several races. I don't have this problem when I play indycar racing 2. Do you have any suggestions?

EDIT: I think I fixed it.
I was using an older version of ECE. I upgraded from 4205 to 4365 and now everything is great just as Ted described.
Last edited by samsepi0l on 05.07.2020, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Experience with thrustmaster ts pc racer or certain fanatec wheel/paddle combinations?

Post by samsepi0l »

try timed = false
johnf1
GP2 Newbie

Post by johnf1 »

Hi Rob,

I've been scouring the internet for some advice of getting the G920 setup in GP2!
My x axis works (joy1), but the y axis (joy2) is at the bottom, acceleration and throttle don't budge the dot and only brake works.
Would you mind sharing your dosbox config?

Thanks
John
torana_05
GP2 Newbie

Post by torana_05 »

johnf1 wrote:
30.07.2020, 23:58
Hi Rob,

I've been scouring the internet for some advice of getting the G920 setup in GP2!
My x axis works (joy1), but the y axis (joy2) is at the bottom, acceleration and throttle don't budge the dot and only brake works.
Would you mind sharing your dosbox config?

Thanks
John
I have a quite similar problem with my g27. I map the brake and throttle through DOSBox to controller b, but in-game gp2 does not find any input for controller b on any axis. I can get the brake to work when I map it to controller a but for some strange reason, the throttle still does not work on the same axis.

Thanks, Rick
FredOwlpen
GP2 Newbie

Post by FredOwlpen »

I'd like to share a tip very usefull to power on your ffb steering wheel in GP2.
If your wheel have ffb, you can download a program called "iracing wheel checker" or "iracing wheel test".
If you don't find, ask me, I have it!

So, just open this program and configure the spring and effect of the wheel.
You can choose between Damper, Inertia or Friction.
Leave the program opened, and start your GP2.

It's not a FFB, it's just a spring and ressitence effect that let you adjust for your preference.

see ya
rondee
GP2 Newbie

Post by rondee »

Hi, my first post here.

I have the same problem: the throttle is not recognized during calibration in the game. No matter how much I tinker with dosbox-ECE.conf file, there is no way my Logitech G920 will work properly with GP2.

Have you managed to fix this issue? And if so, how? Thanks for your time.