Donington Park 1993 File Not Found

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
rarej
GP2 Newbie

Donington Park 1993 File Not Found

Post by rarej »

Howdy everyone! I am new to the forum and have been enjoying myself thoroughly as I have been learning the ways of modding this interesting sim. Though it has been challenging here and there, its been fun working through the hurdles it presents. I hate to be one of the leeches that simply asks for help with nothing yet contributed, but I may have to break the rule in this case.

Tracks have definitely been the most difficult part of modding for me so far, especially dealing with jam files and the like. There is one track I haven't been able to get working yet and that is Warren Jenks and Aaron Wood's Donington Park 1993 track. Specifically the file available on gp2.de site. I've tried a couple different variations with the folder name within the gamejams folder and the dat file within the circuits folder. Each time I boot up the game and look for the circuit within the in-game list it states that the "file is not found" and will not load (obviously).

I am using the GP2Lap program through dosbox currently and have not patched the exe with GP2Limit. Could that be the problem?

Thanks for looking at this post! Hopefully someone could help me. If this is in the wrong section of the forum a moderator may move it.
minardi
GP2 Starter

Re: Donington Park 1993 File Not Found

Post by minardi »

Yes that is most likely the issue. Some tracks are slightly bigger than GP2 can read and GP2Limit fixes the issue. You can download it from the utilities section
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

Welcome!

I agree with Minardi. It's most likely the gp2limit problem.
A good way to get gp2limit is to download the stunning Slot & tyre editor 4.21 by RRemedio. It will automatically extend the files limit.

Here's the link:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1115&p=17387&hilit= ... re4#p17387

Good luck!
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Thanks for the compliment, DaSilva82!

But I'm afraid GP2Limit won't solve his issue as that track does not require it. If the name is not showing in the track list, it has something to do with the file name.

If you did not edit GP2Lap.cfg to accept custom file names, the file should be renamed F1ctxx.dat where xx = the slot number (F1ct01.dat for slot 1, etc). And it should be inside the Circuit folder.

When there is a GP2Limit issue the track will show up on the list but you will get a "bad file format" message or something like that.

There is also a Track Manager tab in the Slot & tyre editor that can help you by automatically editing GP2Lap.cfg, that way you don't need a F1ctxx name and you can use subfolders inside the Circuits folder (or any other folder if you want).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

You're welcome!

Playing GP2 for such a long time and still learning O:)

Thnx Roberto
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
rarej
GP2 Newbie

Post by rarej »

Thanks for the responses everyone! I will definitely be checking out that slot editor program. This game certainly has no shortages of them (but in a good way).
But I'm afraid GP2Limit won't solve his issue as that track does not require it. If the name is not showing in the track list, it has something to do with the file name.
I have some photos here that might help:
circuits.png
(this is the circuits folder)
gamejams.png
(this is the the gamejams folder)
gp2lap config.png
(this is my gp2lap config file)
rarej
GP2 Newbie

Post by rarej »

This is how it looks in game...
donpark93photo.png
I'll try doodling around with that editor too and report back.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I think you need to limit the file name to 8 characters. "donington" has 9. doningto.dat should work.
Early 90s F1 forever!
rarej
GP2 Newbie

Post by rarej »

Alrighty, that did it. I didn't know the character limit ceiling (even with GPlap clearly stating that there is one). Unfortunately, i don't have any sky or adverts, this is likely to be connected to the lack of using GPLimit.

Thank you for your help! I must have skipped over the character limit somewhere in the the documentation.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

This track do not require GP2Limit. You need to convert the .jad files to .jam in the dop93 folder in order for the graphics to appear. You can use convert.exe from inside DosBox or you can use this from windows https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/cacc ... amConv.zip
Early 90s F1 forever!
rarej
GP2 Newbie

Post by rarej »

Ah yes, I've done that before hand. I've tried it with both programs. I've been able to install kyalami92 and others relatively easily before. I've also gone back and redownloaded the track to add in a fresh install. Could I be missing some of the jam files?

Some photos:
ingame.png
jams1.png
(Jams folder part 1)
jams2.png
(Jams folder part 2)
rodrigoo90
GP2 Starter

Post by rodrigoo90 »

rarej wrote:
24.03.2019, 03:05
Ah yes, I've done that before hand. I've tried it with both programs. I've been able to install kyalami92 and others relatively easily before. I've also gone back and redownloaded the track to add in a fresh install. Could I be missing some of the jam files?

Some photos:

ingame.png

jams1.png (Jams folder part 1)

jams2.png (Jams folder part 2)
rename the folder to dop93
rarej
GP2 Newbie

Post by rarej »

rename the folder to dop93
That did it! As many times I read over that readme I must have missed it. Again, still learning the naming conventions of the game. I assumed that all the jam folders had to have "jams" at the end of it.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

i have re-uploaded the track with correct folder name (\GAMEJAMS\dop93)