Nine new tracks for GP2

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: Nine new tracks for GP2

Post by ismael »

Hello,

As promised, I will bring some videos with the new tracks by Antônio Pessoa. Here's the first.
I have zero experience regarding video edition, so there's a bug with the sound in qualifying. Also, as I said before, this will be in VGA, hope someone could make some videos in SVGA.

A big thanks to Antônio and everyone!

https://youtu.be/KjzgxNZ04IQ
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Ismael- your video is awesome! I subscribed to your channel :D

I also like your cockpit, which one is it? I want to download it.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

samsepi0l wrote:
08.03.2020, 04:58
Ismael- your video is awesome! I subscribed to your channel :D

I also like your cockpit, which one is it? I want to download it.
Thanks. Next time I'll activate comments on the channel, I think I forgot that.

Regarding the cockpit... I think I discovered it for the first time while downloading the 2015 Carset. This coincided with me finding this forum and restarting playing GP2 with some regularity. I liked the cockpit and the engine sounds of that carset and started using them

(I'm a kind of a heretic among my generation, I know. I like the current hybrid engine sounds, both in real life and in GP2. I don't miss the old ones.)

From that moment I started creating recent carsets including those cockpits and sounds. Right now I'm not sure if the 2019 carset includes them. Anyway, replying to your question - as I don't think these cockpits are available in it's area, you can open the 2015 or another recent carset and take them from there.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Antonio - is there anyway you can do the CART 1990/1991 track at Denver? I see that this track was completed by Mikael Olsson back in 2000 because it's available on the "tracks download" section but in the track information file it says that the author had no clue what the surroundings looked like so the surroundings are just made up. Maybe it would be simple to modify his version and give him credit?

I see this race is now on youtube so if you need a reference there is a full video:
1991 Denver - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuujK7BvW0
1990 Denver - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5t0gAhqpQ

Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

samsepi0l wrote:
13.03.2020, 04:23
Antonio - is there anyway you can do the CART 1990/1991 track at Denver? I see that this track was completed by Mikael Olsson back in 2000 because it's available on the "tracks download" section but in the track information file it says that the author had no clue what the surroundings looked like so the surroundings are just made up. Maybe it would be simple to modify his version and give him credit?

I see this race is now on youtube so if you need a reference there is a full video:
1991 Denver - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuujK7BvW0
1990 Denver - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5t0gAhqpQ

Great idea!

Really this track pass a little bit through my mind several months ago. When I was watching the videotape of 1990 Indycar Denver Grand Prix, I realized that track deserved a better looking.

It's on my wishlist for the future!

Now with the isolation time in home for everybody due the Covid-19 outbreak, it's probably I'll get some time during April or May to move some bits and data on Mikael's Denver!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Antonio Pessoa wrote:
21.03.2020, 05:20

Great idea!

Really this track pass a little bit through my mind several months ago. When I was watching the videotape of 1990 Indycar Denver Grand Prix, I realized that track deserved a better looking.

It's on my wishlist for the future!

Now with the isolation time in home for everybody due the Covid-19 outbreak, it's probably I'll get some time during April or May to move some bits and data on Mikael's Denver!
You made me smile for the first time in a few days. I have been really gloomy lately.
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Amazing! Your works are very impressive Antonio! :shock: :shock: :shock: =D> =D> =D>
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

And here is... another finished work for your fun during these confinement days, guys:

:arrow: SILVERSTONE 2019 - England
Silverstone_Great Britain_2019.zip
(826.4 KiB) Downloaded 836 times
GP2 TrackMaker
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Hello all,

Here's round 2 of my fictional 2019 season made with 16 recent tracks by Antônio Pessoa. It will not include Silverstone 2019 (THANKS!!!!), but I'm pretty sure that I'll include Silverstone 2019 in my fictional 2020 season or something like that. If we can't do it this year, we'll do it in the next.

https://youtu.be/4xHH6E7IRhU

Antonio da Costa is driving a Super Aguri-Honda, the most underpowered car in the grid. His goal is to be the best driver (at the end of the season) of the 3rd tier of Formula 1, which comprises Williams, Caterham, Manor, Hispania and Super Aguri (i.e., he must beat Russell). If successful, he might get promoted to Toro Rosso (2nd tier) and someday to Red Bull (1st tier).
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Very nice video, ismael! That was a very close finish!
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Thanks :-) In the final lap, I saw a gap in turn 3. But I recalled what Senna said after the South African GP 1993 about Schumacher: "he was faster than me, but not fast enough to overtake at that spot". I didn't want to crash for the 2nd time in a row. 14 races lay ahead to improve this 19th place :-D
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Hey guys!
\:D/ Spa-Francorchamps is here!
Spend some minutes having fun in this GP2 improved track during those global confinement days

:arrow: SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS 2019 - Belgium
Spa-Francorchamps_Belgium_2019.zip
(839.35 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
:!: NEW CC-LINE made by rremedio on April 12th, 2020
spa19-1.PNG
spa19-2.PNG
Last edited by Antonio Pessoa on 12.04.2020, 22:51, edited 2 times in total.
GP2 TrackMaker
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

Hi all,
It is a pleasure that we can have new updated tracks for GP2.
I do have a question though. When driving the new tracks (let's say Paul Ricard) it is impossible to take a practice round. The cars just drive out of the pits and then the engine dies and nothing happens. Am I the only one with this problem? Quickrace and Race is no problem, everything works fine :-)
(I drive in dos box on Win7)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

gp2hbsl wrote:
11.04.2020, 18:42
Hi all,
It is a pleasure that we can have new updated tracks for GP2.
I do have a question though. When driving the new tracks (let's say Paul Ricard) it is impossible to take a practice round. The cars just drive out of the pits and then the engine dies and nothing happens. Am I the only one with this problem? Quickrace and Race is no problem, everything works fine :-)
(I drive in dos box on Win7)
I never faced this problem before. Did you change the magic data? Having extremely low Qual Timing values (or maybe values above 32768, I never tested it), may result in something like that.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

Thanks for the tip regarding the magic data. I just unzipped the package and placed the jam folder and the .dat file in the correct folders.
I haven't been used to insert magic data into GP2.dat files (only on GP3) so I assumed that the circuit included the magic data as default.
Do we have a magic data tool available? :)