Nine new tracks for GP2

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Re: Nine new tracks for GP2

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

samsepi0l wrote:
13.03.2020, 04:23
Antonio - is there anyway you can do the CART 1990/1991 track at Denver? I see that this track was completed by Mikael Olsson back in 2000 because it's available on the "tracks download" section but in the track information file it says that the author had no clue what the surroundings looked like so the surroundings are just made up. Maybe it would be simple to modify his version and give him credit?

I see this race is now on youtube so if you need a reference there is a full video:
1991 Denver - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuujK7BvW0
1990 Denver - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5t0gAhqpQ

After a while re-working on Mikael's Denver, I re-shaped the track layout for one more accurated. The final result is here!

:arrow: DENVER 1990 - U.S.A.
Denver_Colorado, USA_1990.zip
(657.78 KiB) Downloaded 799 times
denver1.PNG
denver2.PNG
Enjoy!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Wow Antonio! Your work is so awesome I included a youtube video so people can appreciate it elsewhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9-ySxVAm68

I can't wait to drive this for real.
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

samsepi0l wrote:
07.05.2020, 02:19
Wow Antonio! Your work is so awesome I included a youtube video so people can appreciate it elsewhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9-ySxVAm68

I can't wait to drive this for real.
Thanks. The video is amazing! It's interesting wonder what would happen if Formula 1 would replaced Phoenix with Denver from 1991 to 1992. Nice video!

- - - - - - - - -

And one more fresh track for GP2 is here:

:arrow: SANDOWN PARK 1984 - Australia
Sandown Park_Australia_1984.zip
(794.92 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
sandown2.PNG
sandown1.PNG
This is the long track layout of Sandown Park, from 1984 to 1988, when the World Endurance Championship (Sport-Prototypes) held two races there. I thought it would be a "tight" circuit, but making the track few days ago, I realized it's interesting. And after rremedio's cc-line, the track is really very insteresting. Enjoy!
GP2 TrackMaker
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Good morning, guys.

Another classic circuit is ready to be installed in your GP2:

:arrow: WATKINS GLEN 2016 - U.S.A.
Watkins Glen_New York, USA_2016.zip
(782.86 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
theglen0.PNG
theglen1.PNG
The 2008 Watkins Glen version was improved during the last times. New scenery textures, bugs fixed, correct track lenght and new cc-line (by rremedio). Enjoy!
GP2 TrackMaker
hansel
GP2 Newbie

Post by hansel »

You make my day, Antonio! Thanks as always and ever
Mulletes
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mulletes »

Bloody Awsome can't wait to give em a go mate.
Especially the Aussie tracks. Cheers mate and thanks =D> =D> =D> =D>
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Coming soon...
CORK-SCREW.gif
(click in the image)

Not too much to say...
GP2 TrackMaker
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

that's laguna seca!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Haha, the first thing that got in my mind is the Indy Car Racing 2 intro:
https://youtu.be/lPi89EOZGSU?t=52

Your version Looks promising :D
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

With the way that GP2 likes the car to have snap-oversteer on corners that have height transitions the cork-screw at laguna seca will be a heck of a difficult corner to keep the car under control.

Antonio- do you play ICR2 at all? Did you know that we can create tracks for that game as well? You seem to be really into Indycar/CART as well. GP2 and ICR2 are the only 2 games I play.

Recently I was part of a team that just completely made the Rio Brazil "oval" track from 1996 for ICR2. There are videos on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRyxFB ... pLeBlJD1pg
minardi
GP2 Starter

Post by minardi »

Great stuff Antonio. Nice to see an updated version of my home track Watkins Glen
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

samsepi0l wrote:
17.05.2020, 14:45
With the way that GP2 likes the car to have snap-oversteer on corners that have height transitions the cork-screw at laguna seca will be a heck of a difficult corner to keep the car under control.
The level of difficulty at the Cork Screw now seems a little bit less than in previous Laguna Seca version, released in 2008. Meanwhile, the secong leg of the Cork Screw now it's more "blind" the that previous version. I changed the height values, keeping the same track layout, the same track lenght and the same cc-line of the 2008 Laguna Seca track.
I'll release it soon, just after completing the work in the 1987 old and short Laguna Seca version, also with the same track layout, but changing the height values, the textures, and also with a new cc-line.
samsepi0l wrote:
17.05.2020, 14:45
Antonio- do you play ICR2 at all? Did you know that we can create tracks for that game as well? You seem to be really into Indycar/CART as well. GP2 and ICR2 are the only 2 games I play.

Recently I was part of a team that just completely made the Rio Brazil "oval" track from 1996 for ICR2. There are videos on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRyxFB ... pLeBlJD1pg
Yes, I do. I have IndyCar Racing II installed. I play rarely, mainly after 2012 when I lost some tracks installed. I play a bit in the original tracks, like Detroit, Laguna Seca or Elkhart Lake.
When I made several IndyCar (CART or IRL) tracks from 2008 to 2009, much of those has textures borrowed from IndyCar Racing II tracks, like 2008 Laguna Seca, Kentucky, Pikes Peak, Phoenix, St.Pete and others.

It's amazing to see a very realistic oval of Rio de Janeiro for IndyCar Racing II !!
Really, for ICR2 the track seems very real, the correct adverts, billboards, walls, the kerbs, bridge, turns, buildings, all is there! A good memory of a very different racing track, an odd oval with two hard breaking zones, tight turns 1 and 4. That oval was partially demolished in 2006 when Rio built an Arena for the 2007 Panamerican Games just over the Turn 4, and the rest of the circuit completely demolished in 2012 for the 2016 Olympic Games. Great races at this circuit from 1996 to 2000. I'll look for the track download for ICR2 as soon as possible.
GP2 TrackMaker
oensan88
GP2 Newbie

Post by oensan88 »

Antonio Pessoa wrote:
26.02.2020, 02:08
And here is!

NÜRBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE 1970, Germany (the same Thomas Kost's scaled down track layout, but here with a new track width, new cc-line and new track heights! Try it!)
Nordschleife_Germany_1970_new_width_and_ccline.zip
As mentioned elsewhere in this forum, I think the new track width and cc line is amazing, though I do have an issue with all the computer cars exiting the pits too quickly and crashing on the outside of the first corner as they leave the pit lane. This seems to happen in every slot I try, do other people have this issue or is there something I can change in the magic data to fix this?
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

oensan88 wrote:
06.07.2020, 11:06
.... is there something I can change in the magic data to fix this?
Trial and error with the magic data.... share us your results...
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

This one is tricky. I didn't notice it when editing the track. I tried but I couldn't solve it with Magic Data. The correct fix would be to change the pit geometry but we can't do that because the track already hit the limit of curved sections.

So the very ugly workaround I've got is changing the magic data and the track width in the pit exit.

Magic Data goes with:
Distance to Pit In = 3
Distance to Pit Out = 0
Pit in speed = 5312

Edited track file is attached.
nur_pit_exit.zip
(17.35 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!