GP2 not showing in start menu (windows 7)

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Rasmus
GP2 Newbie

GP2 not showing in start menu (windows 7)

Post by Rasmus »

So I messed around with gp2limit, but couldn't get it to work. In this process I moved the whole gp2 directory from C:\Program Files (x86)\Oldgames (blah blah blah) to C:\Oldgames (blah blah blah). Giving up on gp2limit made me move it back to before, but in the meantime I had (by mistake..) deleted the GP2 shortcut in the windows start menu.... And I can't remember how I actually start up gp2 with gp2lap now.... When I drag and drop the gp2lap.exe into dosbox the game loads, but it doesn't look like before. Game window is smaller, and when I quit I get the pop-up with "You played Grand Prix 2 for xx minutes/seconds, which I didn't before.

I'm still able to play the game though, but it's annoying that I can't start up the game "in a normal way" from the start menu, without having to drag/drop.... huh?

Regards,
Rasmus

BTW. this forum seems soooooo silent? No one around anymore?
Rasmus
GP2 Newbie

Re: GP2 not showing in start menu (windows 7)

Post by Rasmus »

So, while waiting for my post to be approved I managed to solve the problem by re-installing the game.

Solved. :)