Speed problem in Spa

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Mazorca
GP2 Newbie

Speed problem in Spa

Post by Mazorca »

Guys, I have another request to you. Since I fisrt played GP2 I realized my car could never match the same final speed the CPUs car in the fast final section of Spa-Francorchamps, between Stavelot and Bus Stop. My car kind of loose power during that climbing section around Blanchimont, while CPUs car keep getting faster, even if just a little. As a result, I lost significant time compared to the other drivers.

I don't know if this is a bug or something I have to work in my setups. Does anyone face the same problem and, maybe, know how to solve it?

Thank you.

Regards.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Speed problem in Spa

Post by samsepi0l »

Mazorca wrote:
10.03.2023, 15:35
...My car kind of loose power during that climbing section around Blanchimont, while CPUs car keep getting faster, even if just a little......
You must have a bad setup... I always gain ground there, they lift slightly in Blanchimont while I can go completely flat footed.

The issue I have with the original spa, is that the bus-stop is not slow enough for real life. I can take bus-stop at 90mph in 3rd gear in the game while in real F1 of this era the cars would have to downshift to 2nd and go much slower.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

"You must have a bad setup... I always gain ground there, they lift slightly in Blanchimont while I can go completely flat footed."

Same with me. I tend to use very low downforce and still I'm able to get Blanchimont flat footed.
My issue with the bus stop chicane is my inability to cut over the kerbs at the exit. If I try to cut the rear goes crazy, but if I don't the CC-cars make it way faster than me.
I would probably need a more aggressive setup regarding springs, eventually like Maltese Falcon uses.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

The first thing I do in any track is adjust the curb heights so they react more like what you see in real F1 of the time. I go into the track file and change the curb heights 1 and 2 to 5 and 8. This way accidentally touching a curb does not send you launching to the moon. This is much more enjoyable to play this way.