Career in GP2

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Alexandre Faustini
GP2 Newbie

Career in GP2

Post by Alexandre Faustini »

Anyone have a spreadsheet to manage career in gp2, other than in the util page of this website?
Alexandre Faustini
GP2 Newbie

Re: Career in GP2

I want a thing to resemble this program made for GP2
Attachments
GMC.7z
(541.66 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
Alexandre Faustini
GP2 Newbie

I had an idea to create an spreadsheet to do this. The rules that i imagined are:
Qualifying points = Qual position x 1
Race points = Race position x 3
Race combativeness points = Qualifying position - Race position x 0,5
Event points = Qual points + race points - Race combativeness points
Failure = Qual position + race position/2 x 4
Crash = Qual position + race position/2 x 4 +16
Morale = always divide total of event points by number of races, if result equal 4 = 100%, if the result are equal the number of drivers x4 plus 16 by race = 0%, difference between these two values divide by 100 to calculate the actual morale.
Team Contracts = divide 100 by the number of teams of the next season, the result will be the morale tier for every team
Team positions for contracts = Actual season team position, new teams in the bottom, teams replacing another teams take the position of these old teams
Contract offering First quarter of Season = no offerings
Second quarter of Season= the bottom third of teams, if had achieved the necessary points
Third quarter of Season = the middle third of teams, if had achieved the necessary points
First quarter of Season = the top third of teams, if had achieved the necessary points
What do you think about this?
Alexandre Faustini
GP2 Newbie

Alexandre Faustini wrote:I had an idea to create an spreadsheet to do this. The rules that i imagined are:
Qualifying points = Qual position x 1
Race points = Race position x 3
Race combativeness points = Qualifying position - Race position x 0,5
Event points = Qual points + race points - Race combativeness points
Failure = Qual position + race position/2 x 4
Crash = Qual position + race position/2 x 4 +16
Morale = always divide total of event points by number of races, if result equal 4 = 100%, if the result are equal the number of drivers x4 plus 16 by race = 0%, difference between these two values divide by 100 to calculate the actual morale.
Team Contracts = divide 100 by the number of teams of the next season, the result will be the morale tier for every team
Team positions for contracts = Actual season team position, new teams in the bottom, teams replacing another teams take the position of these old teams
Contract offering First quarter of Season = no offerings
Second quarter of Season= the bottom third of teams, if had achieved the necessary points
Third quarter of Season = the middle third of teams, if had achieved the necessary points
First quarter of Season = the top third of teams, if had achieved the necessary points
What do you think about this?
Nobody wants to help?
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

It is a very good news and i like your project! If i have some time i would want to help you even if my skills are a bit weak..
What would it be necessary to make?
Alexandre Faustini
GP2 Newbie

Michael82 wrote:It is a very good news and i like your project! If i have some time i would want to help you even if my skills are a bit weak..
What would it be necessary to make?
Some advanced knowledge on Excel or Libreoffice calc.
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Ok and eventually do you want to do a career programm?
Alexandre Faustini
GP2 Newbie

Michael82 wrote:Ok and eventually do you want to do a career programm?
The ideal is a career program, but i don't know nothing in programming. But i believe that this rules, that i have posted here can be made on a spreadsheet.
I wanna to replicate the Gp3 Master Career, the best career program i ever used. This is the program i have uploaded in this thread.
Alexandre Faustini
GP2 Newbie

I also asked to Roberto Scandurra to make his GPx Race Manager http://gadareth.altervista.org/Gp3/rmx.htm compatible with gp2, but i had no answer yet.
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Yes gp3 master is very good! It will be very fantastic!