GP2 and Windows 7

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

GP2 and Windows 7

Post by canon1753 »

I have a new computer coming. It has vista, but I am pretty sure I can upgrade to Windows 7. Has anyone put GP2 on a Windows 7 machine?
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Re: GP2 and Windows 7

Post by jakesanson »

Actually, this woulod be good to know as I'm about to buy a new computer as the system drivers on this one have killed the sound and several other problems have emerged.

So I also want to know if we can play our beloved GP2 on Windows 7, otherwise the GP2 WRL might die!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
nesrulz
GP2 Newbie

Post by nesrulz »

DOSBox?

Work perfect here...
superchamp
GP2 Newbie

Post by superchamp »

Hello, I'm new. First, i have to say that my english will possibly be very bad, i only studied english at school. I only can say/write basical english. Sorry. I hope I can learn with all of you.

I have to congratulate the people that still works in GP2. =D>. I have played GP2 since I was a 5 or 6 years old child, and I'm very happy with the modifications and the new tracks. I'm surprised in the way that GP2 improves with the years. The older is the game the most playable it is! :D

This christmas I have changed my old compuer (350 Mb RAM, pentium II...) by a new one. And I'm using windows 7.

I have done some changes. I can not play GP2 using MS-DOS anymore, and now I have to play using DosBOX. This program works very well now. Processor occupancy is 78-100% with full graphics. With the old computer I used MS-DOS with VDMSound and now I use D-FEND Reloaded, that includes VDMSound and emulates the sound and the joystick.

I only have had some problems with the permissions of the users. This affected the overwrite of the game state because the gamestate archives did't allow the user to make changes, but I'have allready solved it. I have to prevent the new windows 7 users!!
Attachments
Selecting overwrite
Selecting overwrite
The file cannot be modified
The file cannot be modified
GP2 was unable to save the game state
GP2 was unable to save the game state
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Sorry, but not quite sure what that all means!!
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

canon1753
GP2 Newbie

Post by canon1753 »

with D-fend reloaded I was able to get it to work with windows 7. Yay!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Windows 7 + DOSBOX 0.74 + GP2 = works perfect 8)

But VDM sound is not working on Win 7 that I had noticed when I started my GP2 from the .exe file without DOSBOX I just cant install properly VDMS :(
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

How did you get GP2 to run as GP2Lap through DOSBox and D-Fend Reloaded?

I'm changing to Windows 7 soon so I real need to know!!!

RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

jakesanson wrote:How did you get GP2 to run as GP2Lap through DOSBox and D-Fend Reloaded?

I'm changing to Windows 7 soon so I real need to know!!!
Only DOSBOX 0.74 works perfect with Windows 7 so use it :wink:
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I already knew which version to use. What I mean is when you open DOSBox, how do you run GP2Lap???

And the Windows 7 laptop I'm testing this all out on won't even let me install the game!! How do we make this work?? A guide would be helpful.

RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

jakesanson wrote:I already knew which version to use. What I mean is when you open DOSBox, how do you run GP2Lap???

And the Windows 7 laptop I'm testing this all out on won't even let me install the game!! How do we make this work?? A guide would be helpful.
First :arrow: I had get my GP2 version from abandonware site :wink:

Second my GP2Lap is installed in the main directory and from there I run gp2lap.exe in dosbox 0.74 on my Acer Aspire laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit 8)
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

What do I need to type in to DOSBox to get GP2Lap to work on DOSBox?

RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

jakesanson wrote:What do I need to type in to DOSBox to get GP2Lap to work on DOSBox?
I dont understand exactly what is your problem but in my case :arrow:

mount e e:\oldgames
---------------------------
e:
cd gp2
gp2lap.exe

I do that :wink:
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

@jakesanson
I don't know what do you need to type in to DOSBox to get GP2Lap to work on DOSBox.

I use D-Fend Reloaded. Very easy to use.
http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/index.html?lang=en
Philip00
GP2 Newbie

Post by Philip00 »

RacerBG wrote:
jakesanson wrote:What do I need to type in to DOSBox to get GP2Lap to work on DOSBox?
I dont understand exactly what is your problem but in my case :arrow:

mount e e:\oldgames
e:
cd gp2
gp2lap.exe

I do that :wink:
Hi try it but when i write gp2 lap then happend if i press the dir button. The game only start with gp2 without gplap. i run win7 ultimate 32 bit woth dosbox 0.74. can you help me?