Greyhead's thread

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: Greyhead's thread

Post by Greyhead »

http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/galle ... w.jpg.html

http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/galle ... 5.jpg.html

Had a quick watch of the BTCC videos on YouTube but can't see anything on there. But it did remind me of how good Mansell's drive at Donington was, and how mean the Mondeo looked!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I'm really looking forward to both of your sets! Maybe a little bit more to the 1998 one, as like I already mentioned in the past, I was a big fan of TOCA and TOCA2 back in these times, so it's very likely, that I'll recognize a lot of cars and drivers from this time.
The drive from Mansell in Donington was really outstanding, I just watched it on youtube. But it seems that the Mondeo was not one of the fastest cars these days.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Would be great if there would be a fitting trackpack and menupics collection available :)

I really want to have a great ready to race total conversion of GP2 :)
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah, the BTCC tracks are available but they are far from perfect. It would definitely be nice to have some updated ones.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I am SO NOT the guy to go to about tracks!! I'm useless!!!

I just sort out cars. Thanks to whoever it was who gave me those touring car skins, I'm about to go on a bit of a Greyhead-esque touring car GP2 carset binge after I look at NASCAR 2000. I have a very busy 18 months on GP2 ahead!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Looking forward to the NASCAR stuff, GP2 seems to get more diverse as time goes on! Certainly when I started patching the game back in 1997-98 I never thought we'd have carsets for major single-seater series, plus sportscars, touring cars, NASCAR, V8 Supercars...
Who knows, maybe one day we can add GT's to that list...
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Funny you mention GTs, as I have a cunning plan for the future on that score. But I have to get through my touring car cravings first....
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Actually Greyhead, I was wondering if you could do me a favour.

With this BTCC 98 carset I'm about to finish (just Mark Lemmer to do now) could you touch it up by adding the numbers, and fixing the front ends and side-on views of both the front and rear headlights as they're not great and everytime I try to do it, it looks horrible. You could probably polish it off and make it look ace. Could end up being a nice collaboration.

Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah no worries.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Greyhead wrote:Who knows, maybe one day we can add GT's to that list...
That would be awesome! I would love to have sets from 1997 to 1999, because I think the cars in these times were the ultimate GT-cars! And as you know I already started with some of them, but sadly I am very slow... :? But I'm exited what your plans are!! 8)
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Greyhead wrote:The BTCC 1992 carset is complete and on its way to Andreas.
and ready for download. 8)

ImageImageImage =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Greyhead wrote:Yeah, the BTCC tracks are available but they are far from perfect. It would definitely be nice to have some updated ones.
Please make a list with the tracks. Collect photos and adverts. I will make some bugfixes and graphic/scenery updates.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Great previews again Andreas =D>
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

AAS wrote:Please make a list with the tracks. Collect photos and adverts. I will make some bugfixes and graphic/scenery updates.
The tracks used in the BTCC since the Super Touring era are:
Oulton Park International
Oulton Park Foster's (short circuit)
Donington Park GP
Donington Park short
Thruxton
Silverstone National
Silverstone GP
Brands Hatch Indy
Brands Hatch GP
Snetterton
Knockhill
Pembrey
Croft
Mondello Park (Ireland)
Rockingham (road circuit)

Recent versions of Brands Hatch (Indy and GP), Silverstone GP, and Rockingham already exist and are pretty good.
As for photos, I haven't found any useful ones yet but if you have a search on YouTube for "BTCC [year]" you might find some good stuff.

EDIT: I forgot to mention as well that most of the circuits that could do with tidying up seem to have fundamental problems with overtaking. Not being a track-editing expert, I can only think that it's something to do with the racing line. On most it's that if a car passes another, the car being passed loses a huge amount of time (anything up to two seconds on just that one corner), but on others (e.g. Pembrey, Thruxton, Knockhill, Snetterton) it's unbelievably hard for cars to pass each other. The cars will get alongside each other then the car doing the move will just pull out of it and lose time.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

What about the GT-stuff. Can you announce further details? :D