HONDA HAVE DONE IT!!!!

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

HONDA HAVE DONE IT!!!!

Post by jakesanson »

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/02/ ... -the-grid/

According to this website (the gospel for F1 news) THEY'VE DONE IT!!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: HONDA HAVE DONE IT!!!!

Post by Greyhead »

Certainly hope so. Wonder what name they'll choose though, they can't really race as "Honda" if they have Merc engines... "Brawn F1" perhaps... or "TTFKAH (The Team Formerly Known As Honda)"... or perhaps they'll go for one of those names that companies often do that doesn't actually mean anything, for instance when the Royal Mail rebranded itself "Consignia" and Virgin Megastore became "Zavvi". Maybe Honda will become "Verdigris" or something...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I'd wait and see for this to be confirmed officially, but if this is accurate, it's good news, I think. :) It's a hard challenge, though, to start approximately next week with track testing and hope to be somewhat competitive for Melbourne. We'll see...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I've read that the team shall be called "BrackleyF1", but I neither think that it is a good idea nor that it sounds good...

What I have also read is, that Brawn and Fry refused Ecclestones offer... Now this source says, that they get financial help from him. That's a bit weird.

So like AD said, i'd wait for the official confirmation until I believe it.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The other interesting piece of info from this website, is that Jenson Button is willing to cut his salary in half to help the team. You have to admire him for that, especially when people used to mock him for being a money-grabbing playboy. They can eat their words now....
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

It would be great to have another 2 cars on the track but I doubt that they will be very competitive.

Anyway let`s hope the best and for a soon confirmation of this rumor.
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

I heard on TV that Branson is a deciding factor in this and wants to go 50/50 but part of his bargain as well as £££ is 'Virgin F1' name
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I'd heard Branson didn't want anything to do with it at the moment cos it doesn't fit in with the "green" image he's trying to promote with Virgin Atlantic.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Yeah ITV picked that story up too, but it was on Eurosport quickly before I went out of house, saying he doesn't want to put everything into a team until F1 changes it's ways, but feels at Honda, there is too much to knowledge to let go. It may have said 50/50 but without Virgin name until it greens up.
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

I called he wanted to get into Brawn GP.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 4223.shtml

And on Eurosport they said the deal involves Branson taking a minority steak. So not quite 50/50 but he has extensive branding and shares.

All my tellings are coming true!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Greyhead wrote:Wonder what name they'll choose though, they can't really race as "Honda" if they have Merc engines... "Brawn F1" perhaps...
How brilliant your prediction was, Greyhead!!!

How soon will this car be ready to play in GP2? And how long before Branson steps in and gives the car a brand new colour scheme? Malaysia, perhaps?