Pit lane error

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
dammit6000
GP2 Newbie

Pit lane error

Post by dammit6000 »

Hi, I have installed Fabrice Lagardere's Detroit circuit and the track is great except for a small bug. The CCs sometimes get stuck behind the car in front when trying to get out of their pitboxes in practice and quali. I'm using the track in slot 11. Does anyone know if this could be fixed by a magic data value or fixed in trackeditor or is the pitlane just too short?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Pit lane error

Post by rremedio »

It is not a perfect fix but at least cars didn't get stuck when I tried this.

1 - Change pit sector 13 length from 1 to 3 (so we have more room in the parking area)
2 - Change pit sector 21 length from 10 to 8 (so the pitlane still connects to the track at the same point)
3 - Change the value from command 0x9e at pit sector 20 from 3 to 2 (the above changes will create a graphical bug at pit exit. This won't fix it totally, but it will make it less ugly).

If you still get stuck cars, try adding more to pit sector 13 and subtracting the same amount from p21. You may need to adjust the 0x9e command from p20 or even move it to p19 or an earlier sector.

Attached a .dat file with these changes -
detr.zip
(20.61 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

I tried this detroit, but it wasn't as good as the one made by Michael Raballand.

I can't help you with the problem your having but I suggest you try the Michael Raballand version.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

samsepi0l wrote:
01.07.2019, 16:02
I tried this detroit, but it wasn't as good as the one made by Michael Raballand.

I can't help you with the problem your having but I suggest you try the Michael Raballand version.
I second that. Fabrice's track was very good for its time, but Michael's track is brilliant.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!