rremedio's website and thread

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
rremedio
GP2 Legend

rremedio's website and thread

Post by rremedio »

Hi, guys!

I've been building this for a while but since I never get to finish it, I decided to post about it anyway.

I just wanted to have some personal register of my modding days and general GP2 experience since GP2 has been my favourite hobby for so long and now it seems to be finally dying, unfortunately. I'll keep sending all my files to grandprix2.de but I will also post them on my personal site. I hope you guys like it. Some files available there are not listed in grandprix2.de yet, but that's because Andreas has probably been very busy lately.

I've been working on some tutorials about the way I use my Slot and Tyres Editor and I'll post them on the "Blog" section when they are ready.

I'm also shamelessly copying Greyhead and using this thread for my GP2 projects, if they keep going on.

Here you go!
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: rremedio's website and thread

Post by ismael »

Hi Roberto, and once again thanks for everything. I don't have Mod/editing skills, and I also don't have the time to play I had in the nineties - but maybe because of this, I think I'll playing this for many years to come. It's passed two months since I had the opportunity to do a Grand Prix in my current Championship season... I'll be taking a close look at your site and materials, just like Grandprix2.de and others.

I have two questions about Spa15:
- is it recommended for slot 11, or works anywhere?
- does it need GP2Limit (or Gp2Lap, I dont' remember now)? Some of more recent tracks need GP2Limit (like Singapore, if I'm not wrong) because of file size, but I wasn't able to run that application on Win 8.1.
Life Racing Engines
GP2 Newbie

Post by Life Racing Engines »

ismael wrote: I have two questions about Spa15:
- is it recommended for slot 11, or works anywhere?
- does it need GP2Limit (or Gp2Lap, I dont' remember now)? Some of more recent tracks need GP2Limit (like Singapore, if I'm not wrong) because of file size, but I wasn't able to run that application on Win 8.1.
You can make any track easily suitable for any slot by using Roberto's great Slot and Tyres Editor (http://www.caccere.racing/tools). And you can run GP2Limit in DOSBox.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Thanks, guys!

I think I haven't extensively tested slot data for Spa 15, but it should work fine in slot 11. It doesn't require GP2Limit and now the Slot and Tyres Editor 4 beta includes the GP2Limit features in the Misc tab, so you can patch them under modern Windows.

Cya
Roberto
Early 90s F1 forever!
rodrigoo90
GP2 Starter

Post by rodrigoo90 »

Não sei tem problema em escrever em português aqui mas enfim, voce pretende colocar em disposição as pistas modificadas corridas no FGP2? Por exemplo a de Silverstone 1975-1985.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I just uploaded the 68 and 76 layouts of Salzburgring. They use TDK's track modern scenery. These files have been sitting on my HD for a long long time and I figured I will never put more effort on them. http://www.caccereracing.xyz/file/Salzb ... -96%20Beta
Early 90s F1 forever!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

rremedio wrote:I just uploaded the 68 and 76 layouts of Salzburgring. They use TDK's track modern scenery. These files have been sitting on my HD for a long long time and I figured I will never put more effort on them. http://www.caccereracing.xyz/file/Salzb ... -96%20Beta
Thank you very much for providing these track versions. Good idea to have more and more tracks available here for all at the community.. :)
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

You can make any track easily suitable for any slot by using Roberto's great Slot and Tyres Editor (http://www.caccere.racing/tools). And you can run GP2Limit in DOSBox.
Those are great news, thank you. Eventually, I'll try that again. (Never clearly read before that GP2Limit could run in DOSBox.)
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

I have tested Spa15 and I just loved it. It really has the feel of track nowadays. It's sure I'll have it in my next championship seasons. The following lines are a long report that only fanatics could have some interest in.

I've tested it in a Qualifying with Selected Team Power on, and I'm losing 2 seconds to my teammate with 16184 Grip, which means I have a long way ahead (John Wallace, in his guide "The fine art of racecar setup", says we should do 20 laps just to get comfortable, but that's too much). My setup for the Original Spa seems no good, but I'm also way off the line after just 10 laps or so.
I don't think that braking into the first Pouhon is a problem, this makes the corner a wonderful challenge. The second Pouhon is flat, unlike in the original track, but, anyway, that's the reality of track today.
I used the underpowered 730 HP of the car with which I'm doing a championship season, which means I don't know if Eau Rouge is flat because the lack of power (I took very little rear wing) or because the corner turned that way. Anyway, I think tyre degrading will make the corner an interesting challenge in later stages of the race, and even more when I get to a more powered car, in next season. I could already feel the risk of losing the rear, and this is lovely - in the Original Spa the risk is of understeer and stepping that "cut" in the outside curb, but now it's completely different.
I have a problem with Bus Stop Chicane in the Original Track and even with my recent working with set-ups, I couldn't cure. However, I have kind of same problem with the new chicane. She looks quite realistic, though, when we get out and we seem to be slow to put the horsepower to the ground - it's exactly how it looks in TV/net too. I think I'm losing most of the 2 seconds here.
Les Combes is great, cooler than the original. The left after Rivage also looks really just like today and cooler than the original.
In the end, it feels like a brand new challenge. So, great job, thanks again.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Great! I'm glad you enjoyed it \:D/

The original GP2 Spa gave "unfair" advantage to the human player at Les Combes and Bruxelles due to the weird ccline (which is odd because the original cclines are usually great, but they messed up these two sections). So I expect the 2015 version to be a bit more challenging given the same conditions (difficulty level, carset, etc). Of course, especially at Les Combes, it won't push the human player to the wrong position like the original does (if he is using a keyboard, of course), so his life will be easier in the long run, but not with the same time advantage the ccs have compared to the original.

My version of Bruxelles is also not great, but I think it is a good improvement over the original. Overall, the layout is not perfect because I changed the worst parts but kept the others so I wouldn't spend a long time working on it. Also, I didn't use any data to fix the height changes (more noticeable at La Source). A new layout made from scratch would be much better.
Early 90s F1 forever!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

rremedio wrote:Hi, guys!

I've been building this for a while but since I never get to finish it, I decided to post about it anyway.

I just wanted to have some personal register of my modding days and general GP2 experience since GP2 has been my favourite hobby for so long and now it seems to be finally dying, unfortunately. I'll keep sending all my files to grandprix2.de but I will also post them on my personal site. I hope you guys like it. Some files available there are not listed in grandprix2.de yet, but that's because Andreas has probably been very busy lately.

I've been working on some tutorials about the way I use my Slot and Tyres Editor and I'll post them on the "Blog" section when they are ready.

I'm also shamelessly copying Greyhead and using this thread for my GP2 projects, if they keep going on.

Here you go!
Well, is not already dead thanks to you! =D>
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Thanks, man! While I and the other modders try to keep the game refreshing, it is because of people interest in the game that it haven't completely died yet. So we are the ones that need to thank everyone for still playing this beaten horse :mrgreen:

Hopefully, it will stay alive for a long time, even if not vibrant as before.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Good stuff Roberto. Keep it coming. We'll keep it alive yet...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
hansel
GP2 Newbie

Post by hansel »

Wonderful News!!!!! Thank you very much Roberto!!!! For this new website and for all your works for GP2 all these years.....
Best regards
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Thanks, guys! Hopefully it won't take too long until next releases.
Early 90s F1 forever!