f1 2016 carset gp2

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

f1 2016 carset gp2

Post by roland ratzenberger »

hello guys. As every year , i start this thread in order to discuss anything we want to discuss about a new update for gp2, this time the 2016 carset. As we may have seen the cars have already been made by gagarin, so the next step that remains is someone who has the experience and knows how to corretly modify the values , to adjust the values according to the true potential of each team. if anyone is interested in making a carset.. let us know..
gagarin
GP2 Newbie

Re: f1 2016 carset gp2

Post by gagarin »

I have put together an early car set with cars,drivers,helmets pit crews and submitted it - so i hope it will get posted in the carset downloads - with just 2 race data and the 2015 figures to work on !
I hope to update it as the 2016 season progresses
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

gagarin wrote:I have put together an early car set with cars,drivers,helmets pit crews and submitted it - so i hope it will get posted in the carset downloads - with just 2 race data and the 2015 figures to work on !
I hope to update it as the 2016 season progresses
you can upload it here in this thread, and anyone who is interested will download it from here, if you search in the foroum you will see that i have started same topics in the past and the carset have been uploaded firts in that topics.. i believe that we would have to wait for a very long time for the carset to be upload it in the carset section. so it would be better , if you want , to upload it here
gagarin
GP2 Newbie

Post by gagarin »

I have tried !
It says the extension gp2 is not allowed
I tried putting in in winrar - says file is too big
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

gagarin wrote:I have tried !
It says the extension gp2 is not allowed
I tried putting in in winrar - says file is too big
you can upload the carset file.. it is quite easy, of course it is impossible to upload the full version of gp2
gagarin
GP2 Newbie

Post by gagarin »

Thats what I tried - just the carset file
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

gagarin wrote:Thats what I tried - just the carset file
see your private messages
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

That's odd. File limit for winrar should be giant, imo. Maybe they limited it in recent unregistered versions? (my Winrar is unregistered, but it doesn't limit file sizes, but it is old). Maybe you can try 7-zip. It is free and it can create many file formats such as .zip.

Anyway, great news that we already have a carset so early. \:D/
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

gagarin has send the carset to me.. he is right .. it says that file is too big.. maximum size allowed is 1 mb.. possible solution is to upload it in a site and creat a link and b posted here..
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

i have seen gagarins carset.. i dont have the time to test them on track, but from a quick view.. it looks great. i have told to him a small improvement to make if he could.. if he make it then, as i have said earlier, me or gagarin we will try to upload the carset in a site such as mediafire and then post a link here, either with the improvement or not,
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

If you guys have Dropbox or Google Drive you can put it there and share a link with us (I can do it if you send it to me).

Such a large size means you probably have sound and jams packed into the .gp2 file. I really don't like .gp2 files that change the default jams (most of them change track textures) so I think you could easily cut the size to normal .gp2 file size which is around 200-400kb.
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Ok. roland ratzenberger sent me the file. I zipped it and uploaded it to https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... 0teams.zip

Also, he asked for more realistic performance data, so I made some changes in the cars and drivers performance. You can download it here=> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... eams_b.zip

There is an enormous disparity between qualifying and race spread because there were only two races (and with different qually rules). Qualifying grips were designed to be as close as possible as the real qualy performances, but race grip were mostly guesses.

Thanks gagarin for the great carset and roland ratzenberger for sending it to me =D> =D> \:D/
Early 90s F1 forever!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

rremedio wrote:Ok. roland ratzenberger sent me the file. I zipped it and uploaded it to https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... 0teams.zip

Also, he asked for more realistic performance data, so I made some changes in the cars and drivers performance. You can download it here=> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... eams_b.zip

There is an enormous disparity between qualifying and race spread because there were only two races (and with different qually rules). Qualifying grips were designed to be as close as possible as the real qualy performances, but race grip were mostly guesses.

Thanks gagarin for the great carset and roland ratzenberger for sending it to me =D> =D> \:D/

thanks mate . and thanks for your help. do you think that you will be able to make changes-update, on the current carset, based on the results of the following races?
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

well guys thanks to remedio and gagarin a 2016 carset is ready. any suggestion that you would like to make post them here, i just write this comment inr order to give some clues for those who are not so familiar with th gp2 editon , in order to fix 2 specifing things if they want of course. Lets start. first of all the number of cars and drivers as you will see are not the right one for example fernando alonso has number 1, when in fact he has number 14. HOT TO FIX THAT , first of all open wikipedia, and write f1 2016 championship. there you will find the right numbers of each car. Then go to the carset, when you will open the carset , down from each driver you will see the numbers. All you have to do is to change them , and put the correct ones. The number menu is up to 40, so you can not put lewis hamilton , 44 for exaple... for this nothing can be done. just put whatever you like.

And last is the car sound. Gagarin (as far as i am concernerd i find it right, because i want to hear true f1 sound) has put the original f1 sounds taken from gp3. ALL you have to do in order to have the turbo soynds, (if of course first you have the patch with the turbo engines sound) is to go to export current settings on game and then UNTICK the all sounde efects box. I am sure that most of us know , from the beggining how to fix them, but as i have said i write it for those who are not so familiar with the gp2 editor :D :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

roland ratzenberger wrote:thanks mate . and thanks for your help. do you think that you will be able to make changes-update, on the current carset, based on the results of the following races?
That should be no problem. I did a very quick job and I didn't correctly consider the cars power (just noticed it now), so the current grips might be a little off. Tell me if the actual results are too wrong and next time we can make it better.
Early 90s F1 forever!