80's f1 mods

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Michael82
GP2 Racer

80's f1 mods

Post by Michael82 »

Hi all,
Here i put the news from mods of 1980's. The next Coming soon is the 1983's season. Now i did a video of piquet..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBkYzwYGXs

Greetings and happy Christmas!

Michael
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Re: 80's f1 mods

Post by nimrod111 »

Happy Christmas to you! =D> =D> Great work.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Great work! :) If I was a GPx newbie player I wouldn't recognise this from a GP3 driving video. It's with great quality.
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Thank you !! :) GP2 isn't dead !
SixDegrees
GP2 Newbie

Post by SixDegrees »

evitable issue of time passing. So, I decided to publish my experience with GPds
grandmariner
GP2 Newbie

Post by grandmariner »

Hello friends,
I am new to this wonderful forum and I just managed to make Gp2 with dosbox. I also assembled the 1982 season with Michael Raballand mod but I am having a lot of problems assembling a decent 1982 trackpack (I already downloaded all the tracks and follow the instructions but the editors I should use don't work with Windows 11 and I am having trouble installing manually) so my question is some of you has a trackpack ready to use to share with me. I would be very grateful since I am an enthusiastic fan of 1982 Formula 1 season (I have the 1982 for grand prix 4 with a trackpack assembled by me and also a worderful 1982 mod for Grand prix 3 by Elio that I managed to run with reshade). And of course i am happy to share with anuone who wants it.

Thank you again for reading and sorry for the bother
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

you really need to work on downloading the tracks you want and put them in different slots.

Personally I find it best to do a season with single races and keep track of the results manually with a spreadsheet

I save a magic data file for each track, and I tune the difficulty as I get better. This makes it really fun to play.

You will need to create JAM folders for all of your tracks. I don't think you will find a season pack that is ready off the shelf- it does not take that much effort to set up- once you understand what is going on it's not hard or inconvenient
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

yeah to install the tracks you don´t need an editor. Unless you mean the "convert.exe" to install the jams, in that case you have to run it on DosBox. Let us know exactly your problem and in any case...welcome to the forum!
grandmariner
GP2 Newbie

Post by grandmariner »

eky78 wrote:
10.02.2023, 23:22
yeah to install the tracks you don´t need an editor. Unless you mean the "convert.exe" to install the jams, in that case you have to run it on DosBox. Let us know exactly your problem and in any case...welcome to the forum!
Ciao friends,
thank you very much for your replies. Actually my biggest problem with the 1982 season track (I downloaded them all from this wonderful site) is to make the "convert.exe" contained in each track. I didn't manage to work it in Dosbox (I am using Windoes 11 pro as operating system). I tried to download a "convert.exe" that is working on Windows 11 (so I didn't have to use any "convert.exe" with Dosbox) and tried to prepare the wonderful historical trck Kyalamy but when I inserted in the Grand prix 2 folder (the dat in the circuits folder and the jams in gamejams folder) the track would actually start but with a lot of graphics issues (for example was present and visible only half of the building box). This is my first time ever that I am trying to mod Grand Prix 2 (I am coming from years od GP4 and GP3). Thank you again for replying to me and any help would be great.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

grandmariner wrote:
11.02.2023, 23:17
eky78 wrote:
10.02.2023, 23:22
Ciao friends,
thank you very much for your replies. Actually my biggest problem with the 1982 season track (I downloaded them all from this wonderful site) is to make the "convert.exe" contained in each track. I didn't manage to work it in Dosbox (I am using Windoes 11 pro as operating system). I tried to download a "convert.exe" that is working on Windows 11 (so I didn't have to use any "convert.exe" with Dosbox) and tried to prepare the wonderful historical trck Kyalamy but when I inserted in the Grand prix 2 folder (the dat in the circuits folder and the jams in gamejams folder) the track would actually start but with a lot of graphics issues (for example was present and visible only half of the building box). This is my first time ever that I am trying to mod Grand Prix 2 (I am coming from years od GP4 and GP3). Thank you again for replying to me and any help would be great.
Have you tried this one? https://caccere.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws. ... amConv.zip

It works on Windows 10, not sure about 11.

Also, make sure the track folder inside gamejams has the correct name.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
grandmariner
GP2 Newbie

Post by grandmariner »

Ciao rremedio ,
thank you very much for your suggestion. I just downloaded the tool you suggested me and I'll try to work with it. I'll keep you updated If I'll bne albe to make it work!!
grandmariner
GP2 Newbie

Post by grandmariner »

Ciao friends,
I want to thank you all for the precious advices you gave to me!!! I managed to build my trackpack 1982 for the Gp2 1982 mod. it's actually a dream comung true and, again, thank you to you all for the support. I have one last question to ask. All the 1982 tracks are in the right order and they all work fine but I don't know how to change the names of the tracks in the tracks selection screen in Grand Prix 2. Any idea how I could solve it?

Thank you again I am very grateful

Giovanni
Aerond
GP2 Starter

Post by Aerond »

Are you using the original .exe or gp2lap ? if using gp2lap the names should adjust automatically.
grandmariner
GP2 Newbie

Post by grandmariner »

Ciao Aerond,
thank you for replying me I am actually using the gp2.exe but I was lucky to find a trackmanager called WinTrackMan totally compatible with Windows 11 that allowed me to change manually all the tracks names. I wish I could use the Gp2Lap but I couldn't find any version compatible with Windows 11 and I don't know how to use with Dosbox. If anyone wants to share with me a ready-to-use Gp2lap included in a dosbox I would be very gratefull.