The GP2 Full Seasons Project

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: The GP2 Full Seasons Project

Post by rremedio »

Ok, I created a script and it seems to work. You'll need to edit the magic data files in Notepad (human fuel is line 22 and cc fuel is line 23). File here

Please test it (it worked under win7).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

AAS wrote: @Peze: What's about using XP or Vista in a virtual PC?
Is that for windows 7 or is possible to run virtual pc in XP too (I should have upgraded the system days ago - but since it works it's been thing to postpone..)? Haven't tried or don't even know much about the program, but it could be useful.
rremedio wrote:Ok, I created a script and it seems to work. You'll need to edit the magic data files in Notepad (human fuel is line 22 and cc fuel is line 23). File here

Please test it (it worked under win7).
I'll definitely test it! Downloaded it and will test it today. BIG Thank You in advance, this is super :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I really hope it works.

Those installation issues with both programs make me wonder how I'll build further applications. The easiest thing to me is build them in Ruby (like that script). It's better to code and debug, but file sizes are too big. A small script goes beyond 3mb, a program with a complete GUI would be around 45mb. Also, I can't be sure that I will be able to create Win98 versions becouse the Ruby versions which work under Win98 are buggy and incomplete compared to the actual version (a lot slower too).

Good choice could be go back to Visual Basic 6, like I did with the Physics Editor. Programs usually work nicelly with all Windows versions and filesizes are small, but eki78 is having problems with it, so I'm not sure. And development with VB6 would be very slow and boring becouse I'm not used to it anymore (but the programs are faster, which is good).

And I won't use Visual C++ anymore becouse of that damned .NET framework.

](*,)
Early 90s F1 forever!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

I know, the script is for win7.

However, I tried it under Vista, for information only.
Script seemed to work well.
"Data Saved"

But the game doesn't start.
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

IT WORKED!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Great work rremedio!!

Script works in (this) XP then, so it should work in Vista, but apparently not - these days I'm thinkin that every Windows, even if same version, are incompatible :roll:

What about the tyres (t2d file), this need to be exported too?
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Peze wrote:IT WORKED!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Great. :D
Peze wrote:What about the tyres (t2d file), this need to be exported too?
Yes.

I'm in Montreal now.
I hope you will make the work with Detroit.
That is not my style of tracks.
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Physics editor btw works fine, I had same COMDLG32.ocx problem (should have said this before but was focused struggling too much to find the solution to Slot editor problem), but I placed it simply in same folder than the editor and it worked (had downloaded it before already). I know it should be properly put in system32 tec. folder, but it has worked many times before in the old windows systems in the 90's. But this may not work in win 7 or how it is eky78?
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

AAS wrote: I'm in Montreal now.
I hope you will make the work with Detroit.
That is not my style of tracks.
Well, not quite mine either (maybe one of the worst in 88, nothing like Monaco (except slow)) but I'll take it, if Slot editor works, I'll happily drive anything :D And you and rremedio are done most of the work already, so it's my turn to do something :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Sorry about the tyres, I've forgotten about them. I'll update the script soon.

@Peze: did you check if the game loads after you use the script? Cause the error AAS got means the script corrupted GP2.exe and it shouldn't work on any Windows version...verry odd.

@AAS: can you send me the corrupt gp2.exe? Do you have any virtual machine with other Windows version to check if the exe works?
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Almost forgot.

@Peze: if you want to start making the tests, go on. Tyres won't make much difference. Just notice the track .dats, if some of them uses tyre compound C, change it to A.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

rremedio wrote: @Peze: did you check if the game loads after you use the script? Cause the error AAS got means the script corrupted GP2.exe and it shouldn't work on any Windows version...verry odd.
Yes, I even made a test with low value (about half) with fuel number to be sure that change was real (not just file date modification) and cc's had several laps fuel when quick race was ending. Could the differences between .dat files be the reason? Strange thing.

Ok, I'll start the tests (unless script will be ready) tomorrow or in the weekend.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

AAS wrote:I know, the script is for win7.

However, I tried it under Vista, for information only.
Script seemed to work well.
"Data Saved"

But the game doesn't start.
Strange thing, I've got the same error, one time. Then tested again and there was no error...looks like the script misbehaves sometimes and generates a corrupted gp2.exe.
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Peze wrote:
rremedio wrote: @Peze: did you check if the game loads after you use the script? Cause the error AAS got means the script corrupted GP2.exe and it shouldn't work on any Windows version...verry odd.
Yes, I even made a test with low value (about half) with fuel number to be sure that change was real (not just file date modification) and cc's had several laps fuel when quick race was ending. Could the differences between .dat files be the reason? Strange thing.

Ok, I'll start the tests (unless script will be ready) tomorrow or in the weekend.
I think it will be ready tomorrow =)
Early 90s F1 forever!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Ok! I've followed the instruction of the link...After having tried in many ways finally I get rid of it and now it works! so thank you very much for the link!
In these days if I have time I'll test some tracks :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

eky78 wrote:Ok! I've followed the instruction of the link...After having tried in many ways finally I get rid of it and now it works! so thank you very much for the link!
In these days if I have time I'll test some tracks :)
Great news! :D
Early 90s F1 forever!