FK's sportscar project

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Re: FK's sportscar project

Post by V12-Power »

No, the dat.-file is only the 1999 carshape. And thank you all again for these nice comments. :-)

And I want to thank AAS for the nice preview video!!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Today Peugeot presented it's new prototype, again called 908. Although it bears the fin which destroys the line of the cars massively (I made a little comparison, look below!), it looks really nice. You can see that the body of the car was revised in every point compared to it's predecessor. The cars was designed only with the look to Le Mans, so for less drag (because the engine-power was cut down due to new rules) which probably may result in less downforce. So a new engine was built and instead of a V12 a V8 is used now. The horsepower was reduced by circa 180 hp, which gives still an output of 550 hp (out of 3,7 liters, former it where 5,5 liters). Two turbo-chargers are used to get more air into the cylinders.
New Peugeot 908. Top: with fin, Bottom: how it would look like without that thing
New Peugeot 908. Top: with fin, Bottom: how it would look like without that thing
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

In the side view this Peugeot is very similar to Audi R18

I love Audis.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Really nice cars I love it :D
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

The current breed of sportscars really are great to look at. The Peugeot has always looked great and the new Audi looks good too, although with them going the coupe route rather than an open car the variety is slowly disappearing. And of course the Aston Martin was a pretty car as well. Hopefully the reduction in power for the diesels should result in a more competitive race this year, with any luck the petrol-powered machines will catch up a bit.

But those fins really are horrible. I understand it's been done for safety reasons in response to the number of aerial accidents in the past couple of years but surely there must be a better way! I don't remember the Porsche 962 or the Jaguar XJR's getting airborne and they didn't have fins! I'd have thought ground effect would have been a better idea.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Not a new car but a very nice livery: Muscle Milk Aston Martin!
IMG_9868.jpg
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

All of this cars are excellent looking but if you can make them for GP2 this will be just great :)
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

RacerBG wrote:All of this cars are excellent looking but if you can make them for GP2 this will be just great
I must say I agree.

Every time you have a sportscar project going, I get goosebumps. I adored your Le Mans 99 set. I've been hoping to drive that JG Giesse Ferrari on GP2 and thanks to you I can.

I personally think Le Mans is perfectly covered here in GP2 form with you around, FK.

Perhaps 2000 next? I remember the Le Mans 24 Hour game on PS2 gave us some exceptional cars. Maybe it could be a good resource for your next project???
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

jakesanson wrote:
RacerBG wrote:All of this cars are excellent looking but if you can make them for GP2 this will be just great
I must say I agree.

Every time you have a sportscar project going, I get goosebumps. I adored your Le Mans 99 set. I've been hoping to drive that JG Giesse Ferrari on GP2 and thanks to you I can.

I personally think Le Mans is perfectly covered here in GP2 form with you around, FK.

Perhaps 2000 next? I remember the Le Mans 24 Hour game on PS2 gave us some exceptional cars. Maybe it could be a good resource for your next project???
I think you mistake the man :lol: Im making fantasy carsets for GP2 like NFSF :wink:
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Thanks to Andreas my website is online again, thank you for providing me with webspace, mate! :-) Just follow the link in my signature to visit it. Right now there is nothing new on it, but I'm working on it as you can see when you look at the picture below. The rims look a bit unpropotional compared to each other, don't know why I didn't see this until now. I think the one at the rear should be a bit smaller.
GP2_0001.jpg
GP2_0001.jpg (67.91 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

V12-Power wrote:Thanks to Andreas my website is online again, thank you for providing me with webspace, mate! :-) Just follow the link in my signature to visit it. Right now there is nothing new on it, but I'm working on it as you can see when you look at the picture below. The rims look a bit unpropotional compared to each other, don't know why I didn't see this until now. I think the one at the rear should be a bit smaller.
GP2_0001.jpg

Uhm...It seems to me that the top part of the front rim is covered by bodywork, while the rear is not.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

nimrod111 wrote:
V12-Power wrote:Thanks to Andreas my website is online again, thank you for providing me with webspace, mate! :-) Just follow the link in my signature to visit it. Right now there is nothing new on it, but I'm working on it as you can see when you look at the picture below. The rims look a bit unpropotional compared to each other, don't know why I didn't see this until now. I think the one at the rear should be a bit smaller.
GP2_0001.jpg

Uhm...It seems to me that the top part of the front rim is covered by bodywork, while the rear is not.
Yes thats why they'rent proporcional :wink:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Personally I'd stretch the front wheel a bit, the bottom of it doesn't look like it's touching the ground if you look very closely.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

RacerBG wrote:
nimrod111 wrote:
GP2_0001.jpg

Yes thats why they'rent proporcional :wink:
No, I was saying that I see them nearly equal. I see the rear wheel bigger because is totally "free" from bodywork, while the front one is not.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

nimrod111 wrote:Uhm...It seems to me that the top part of the front rim is covered by bodywork, while the rear is not.
Is that what you mean with bodywork this reflection? Look at the picture below, in another perspective it isn't there.
Greyhead wrote:Personally I'd stretch the front wheel a bit, the bottom of it doesn't look like it's touching the ground if you look very closely.
I just placed the wheels one pixel further down now, was that also your thought?
2.jpg
This is how I think it looks best, still some smaller adjustments necessary:
1.jpg
Thank you all for your help! :)