My new project-The NFS Formula GP2!

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
AAS
GP2 Star

Re: My new project-The NFS Formula GP2!

Post by AAS »

Your Heavy Photoshoped picture is noxious. :lol:

You wrote: "My first fantasy carset for GP2 is finished."
We should upload the set to grandprix2.de !?!

And yes, I like the NFS Formula GP2!
It's always nice to read something like this in the forum.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

AAS wrote:Your Heavy Photoshoped picture is noxious. :lol:

You wrote: "My first fantasy carset for GP2 is finished."
We should upload the set to grandprix2.de !?!

And yes, I like the NFS Formula GP2!
It's always nice to read something like this in the forum.
Thank you again for the support :)

I think soon when I fix all bugs from My First Carset you should upload it here :wink:

I want to improve the quality but only with 256 colors and MS Paint I dont know how to do it :oops:

And one news :arrow: 1960 Official NFSF Season is FINISHED :!:
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

RacerBG wrote:I want to improve the quality but only with 256 colors and MS Paint I dont know how to do it :oops:
Just take a look at the NL²F1- or my sportscar-carsets, the bitmaps there were made by using MS Paint and have also this limited number of colours. I don't think the limitation of colours is the problem here...

And I think when you only create fictional cars you won't be able to increase the quality, because the cars have no original which they have to look like. And this is actually the point: when you have to recreate a real car in GP2 you have to see that you include details and work very accurate in order to get a good result. All this is not necessary when you create fictional cars, but with the experience of creating real cars you will also be able to create realistic looking fictional cars.

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of fictional carsets (except the GP2fan-carset), I'd rather like to see carsets that base on real racing series.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

V12-Power wrote:
RacerBG wrote:I want to improve the quality but only with 256 colors and MS Paint I dont know how to do it :oops:
Just take a look at the NL²F1- or my sportscar-carsets, the bitmaps there were made by using MS Paint and have also this limited number of colours. I don't think the limitation of colours is the problem here...

And I think when you only create fictional cars you won't be able to increase the quality, because the cars have no original which they have to look like. And this is actually the point: when you have to recreate a real car in GP2 you have to see that you include details and work very accurate in order to get a good result. All this is not necessary when you create fictional cars, but with the experience of creating real cars you will also be able to create realistic looking fictional cars.

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of fictional carsets (except the GP2fan-carset), I'd rather like to see carsets that base on real racing series.
I had seen many times the quality of the NL2 Team carsets and Im impressed how much they're better than even this from GP3 :shock: But I dont know how they manage to get this perfect quality :?:
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Here is an example: In the bitmap you see a colour-palette. When I work with blue colours e.g., I copy the blue palette into the bitmap at first. Then I create the design I want (right nosecone). After that I refine it. For this I use the different colours of the palette. So you can get a very smooth transfer from one to another colour (left nosecone). A simple example is also the one with the red colour. You just have to draw one line in a colour somewhere between red and white and everything looks much better already.

So these are the basics. Then you can go on create shadows that underline the shape of the real car and make everything look a bit more "3D" (e.g. the barge-boards I created there). What's also not too difficult is to add lines that are between the single parts of the bodywork (nosecone, engine-cover...)
Attachments
example_palette.GIF
example_palette.GIF (6.81 KiB) Viewed 16138 times
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

For example something like this :arrow:

By the way I must draw every line like this or what I can use for fast work :?:
Because to draw color after color for just one line manual is just very slow work :-k
Attachments
color pallete.JPG
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Yes, it's not an (automatically) fast way of working. I only needed about 3 minutes for the bitmap.

Most times I just take the palette, scale it down to the length I need and then place it where I need it (see attachment). So I don't choose colour after colour and create point after point (only in some cases this is necessary). I personally figured out this is a good way to get good results and I know that DJS uses the same way (and Patrick Augusto-Lopes, too (look at his carsets, they are brilliant)). So the only way to reach results like NL² is to do it like this (I think), although it is obviously a bit time consuming.

But Greyhead for example uses a different method and program and his cars look brilliant, too.
Attachments
example2.GIF
example2.GIF (11.37 KiB) Viewed 16123 times
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Sorry for my stupid questions but in Paint I cant get the right color palletes like you, I miss something :-k
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I created the palette by myself. Just copy the one from the gif-file I posted here into your bmp, this should work.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

In one other program called Paint.NET I can create palletes see :arrow:
Attachments
color pallete.JPG
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Looks perfect! This is the program Greyhead uses btw.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

V12-Power wrote:Looks perfect! This is the program Greyhead uses btw.
And one thing :arrow: In this program I cant create exactly 256 color image because the quality of the colors is great, I will make expeeriments today 8)
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

When I using Paint.NET for painting this is the result :( :arrow:
Attachments
here is the problem.JPG
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

I managed it to works \:D/ I maded it finally but was hard #-o
Attachments
maded.JPG
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

V12-Power wrote:I created the palette by myself. Just copy the one from the gif-file I posted here into your bmp, this should work.

Interesting. To get palettes I used the good old PaintShopPro (years ago was PSP 3, now I have PSP 9).

It's only my impression, or helmets' and cars' palettes are not exactly identical? :-k