WTCC car set

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
AAS
GP2 Star

Re: WTCC car set

Post by AAS »

Great work =D> Thank you Dan.

A very complete carset.
Special thank for all the spare cars and teams. (and the Engstler team \:D/ )

The 06 carset is ready for download.
But there is something wrong with the 2007 zip.
In the zip is a "WTCC-08 by Dan (set A).gp2 file".
WTCC-2007 by Dan (set A).gp2 is missing.
The other files are complete.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Ooops! A thousand apologies, my quality control department let me down. Sent the corrected file to Andreas.

P.S. The screenshot on Andreas' site is from the 2007 set.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I just downloaded the set, now I'll check it out and then edit this post later with my comments. I love the days when there come big new things for GP2! :D
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

V12-Power wrote:I just downloaded the set, now I'll check it out and then edit this post later with my comments. I love the days when there come big new things for GP2! :D
Really big new thing!

I've just tested it and it's really great !

I'm thinking about making a full season... :-k
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

GREAT! I made some test laps and took screenshots to see how the cars look overall (graphics, carshape) and I was really impressed.

Then I started my first race (Estoril), I took the pole position on friday with 3 seconds ahead of the 2nd, but started from last place to have more action. After 2 laps I was in front, although I damaged the front of the car. When I played the old version once, I had the wrong setup, I guess...

Now viewn from the cockpit perspective the cars, or better the rear of the cars still look great. It can't be done better, you can immediateley recognize which car it is and when the cars are some meters away they look excellent. When you come closer you see the limitations of GP2, but this nearly doesn't matter because you have to focuss on your race and not on the graphics... But not only the opponent cars look nice, the cockpit does as well. I think it doesn't matter that there are no mirrors, the cockpit give you a good touring car feeling, which is underlined by the sound.

The menu arts and their colours look brilliant, there Dan made a step forward as well.

I think you've done an amazing job, it was worth waiting. It's a good addition to the f1- and lmp-cars I use to drive.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Wow, thanks for all the great comments! Some really kind words said.

Regarding setups, the problem with these is that the player cars will always be able to find a much better setup for the gear ratios than the CC-cars. I found that if you go into the Track Editor, find the CC-car setup (it gives the wing settings and gear ratios) and use these settings for the player car, you get closer races. I played about with things such as the grip factor and weight and stuff, but it always ended up that the player was either quicker in the corners and slower on the straights, or slow as hell in the corners and like lightning on the straights.

As for the cockpit, it was my first attempt at one even though I've been modding GP2 for over ten years! I didn't bother with the mirrors cos if you put one on the left, you automatically get one on the right. I tend to use the chase view (I think it's the page up key twice) that I put in with the camera positions and then use GP2lap to get the speedo and gears up in the corner.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I did a quick and dirty session setup for the carset using Monza as the track (08 version made by Antonio). I changed the performance data lowering the car power (google says the cars have around 220hp, but it was a quick search), and setting driver grips to more standard ones (best cars around 16384, I didn't change the diferences between the cars, they are the same set by Dan).

After testing it I've noticed the top speeds were too slow and the ccs too much slow yet, so I did change the cc setup so all cars had the same top speeds.

I was still too fast for the ccs, so I've changed the magic data to make them faster.

I'm attaching the data used so everyone can test it. You'll need TE and the Magic Data Editor. There's also a car setup and a hotlap (me getting the pole).

Who wants to test it must do this:

1. Open the carset in GP2Edit, load the perf file on the zip, export the carset.
2. Install Monza 08 by Antonio Pessoa. Set the file Monza_wtcc.dat on the zip to slot 10.
3. Open Monza_wtcc.m2d in the Magic Data Editor and export it to slot 10.

Then you may watch the hotlap if you want or just go race. I did that hotlap using that setup.

As I said it was quick and dirty, but it shows the way I do to get competitive races. When the physics editor is ready you'll be able to do it much better.
Attachments
monza_wtcc.zip
(33.1 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
Early 90s F1 forever!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Hey rremedio, if you want more accurate engine power for the cars then just halve the values I put in, cos I doubled the numbers for the car set.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Greyhead wrote:Hey rremedio, if you want more accurate engine power for the cars then just halve the values I put in, cos I doubled the numbers for the car set.
Thank you! I subtracted 300 from all cars...But I don't care about the numbers....I just search for correct top speeds and laptimes and competitive ccs (this one is the most important). I tried more correct values as a starting point.
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Excellent work, the cockpit and the cars look great :D
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

@Greyhead
I hope you like the screenshots.
http://grandprix2.de/screens/wtcc07/sc_wtcc07.html

Image_Image
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I adore the BTCC carset, and the last two WTCC sets.

I'm dying to play that 1995 BTCC set that was being worked on! It was my favourite year fro the BTCC, so here I am all excited.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

1995 BTCC?? Probably I've written that before, but a long time ago I loved playing TOCA (and TOCA2), it was with the cars of 1997 an 98 BTCC I think. So this '95 carset might be fun, too! When I've finished the LMS carset I'll have time to play a whole season with touring cars.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Don't get too excited, the '95 set is some way off at the moment! Got the 2008 WTCC and IndyCar sets to finish off first, the WTCC one should be done in a week or two, the IndyCar one a bit longer as I got a bit sidetracked. Once they're out of the way I'll get serious with the '95 BTCC set and with a 2008 V8 Supercar set, I've done some work on these but they're coming on slowly at the moment.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

WTCC-2008 sent to Andreas.